Top cheap AutoCAD laptop 2020 – Top Solidwork laptops 2020 – best CAD and 3D modelling laptop specs
Laptop for CAD engineer 2020
A laptop for handling AutoCAD and Solidworks should pack powerful processor, lots of RAM and fast storage. Find out ideal Auto CAD laptop specs. These are great for laptops with 3D modelling.
AutoCAD engineers require powerful computers and we will help you find powerful and best Autocad laptops. These days portability is the key and if you are an AutoCAD laptop user, you might be wondering if ultrabooks are good enough for handling the heavy processing required for the software you use on a daily basis. The answer is both yes and no. Same goes for laptop or ultrabook for Solidworks, SAP or Matlab. If you are going to buy the cheapest ultrabook under 500 dollars then the answer is no as they do not pack enough power to give the user a smooth and jitter free experience. That said buying the most expensive will still not do the job. A good laptop for AutoCAD and 3D modelling laptop should have the following ingredients.
Look for these when choosing an ultrabook laptop for AutoCAD, Solidworks, Matlab and SAP
1. Performance: It is wise to get one with at least Core i5 or i7 processor and that too of latest generation. If you are buying a an i5 ultrabook of previous generation then we suggest not buying it as it will not give you the power you need for your CAD applications. It is also suggested to get laptop with discrete graphics if possibly from Nvidia because right now, they offer unparalleled GPU performance.
2. Storage: Simply buying one with 1TB hard disk would not do you any good. You ought to get an ultrabook with SSD if you wan brisk performance. You would not want to wait for minutes for retrieving large files. Hybrid storage is also getting a lot of traction these days as a lot of manufactures have started equipping their ultrabooks and laptops with hybrid drives that pack both hard disk and solid state drives. The SSD are used for storing the operating system and program files while the hard disk is used for storing media files.
3. Memory: Get one with at least 8GB RAM or it should be user upgradeable if RAM is 4GB. Having lots of memory at disposable prevents the system from doing paging that slows down the computer considerably.
4. Battery life: Make sure your ultrabook has good battery life as there is no point of buying a portable machine with poor battery life.
5. Display: You are going to be spending quite a lot of time in front of your laptop’s display so do not choose a 11″ ultrabook and always try to get a nice, big 15″ ultrabook laptop.
Best laptop for AutoCAD, Solidworks 2020
HP Pavilion 15-dk0010nr
HP Pavilion 15-dk0010nr is feature-rich laptop for AutoCAD, solidworks and gaming. Powering it is a quad core, standard voltage i5 processor and Nvidia GTX 1050 GPU. For storage, there is blazingly fast 256GB SSD that is enormous by SSD standards. There is 8GB RAM for smooth computing experience. Any CAD laptop is not complete without a great keyboard and HP has equipped it with one of the best keyboards. And as expected from a premium laptop, it has backlit too so you can type in dark easily.
Display has 144Hz refresh rate which means it feels much more smoother than a typical laptop that has refresh rate of 60Hz.
9th Generation Intel Core i5-9300h Processor, quad-core, 2.4GHz up to 4.1GHz with Intel’s Turbo Boost
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 (3 GB GDDR5 dedicated)
15.6-Inch diagonal FHD IPS Anti-Glare micro-edge WLED-backlit Display (1920×1080) with 144Hz refresh rate
8 GB DDR4-2400 RAM, 256 GB PCIe NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive, Up to 10 hours
Acer Nitro 5
While this laptop is made for gamers, it has all the ingredients that makes it an ideal CAD laptop as well. You get a full HD display, a dedicated AMD graphics card, a quad core AMD Ryzen 5 processor, 8GB DDR4 RAM and fast 512GB PCIe solid state storage with it.
It has a nice, full size keyboard which makes it an nice desktop replacement laptop too. One of the best laptops for AutoCAD, Solidworks, Matlab etc. It has beautifully laid out red backlit keyboard and multitouch trackpad, making it ideal for your daily work.
* Full HD 15.6″ display, 1920×1080
* AMD Ryzen 5 3550H processor with AMD Radeon RX560X GPU with 4GB VRAM
* 512GB PCIe SSD and 8GB RAM, Windows 10 Home operating system
Asus VivoBook Pro 17
This Asus laptop is one amazing powerhouse packing i7 processor, Nvidia dedicated graphics for excellent CAD and gaming performance and super fast 256GB SSD. There is additional 1TB hard disk onboard as wel which would be useful for storing those heavy apps. It has full HD 17-inch display packed into frame of 15″ laptop. The keyboard is excellent for typing and boasts backlit feature as well. Remember that when buying an ultrabook for auto CAD, if you are getting i7 CPU, a dedicated GPU and SSD in a laptop, then you should definitely consider buying it.
* Latest 8th Generation Intel Core i7-8565U 1.8GHz (Turbo up to 4.0GHz) Processor for smooth and uninterrupted 4K UHD playback or encoding
* 17.3″ Full HD Wide View display with 72% NTSC color gamut and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 4GB discrete graphics for flawless visuals
* Slim 16.2″ wide, 0.8″ thin and portable footprint
* 16GB DDR4 RAM and 256GB SSD + 1TB HDD storage combo; Ergonomic backlit keyboard with number pad
Lenovo Ideapad L340
Lenovo Ideapad L340 packs 15.6″ panel, full HD panel, i5 full-voltage quad core processor and Nvidia GTX 1650 dedicated GPU. The keyboard is backlit and full size that gives you comfortable typing and navigation experience. You simply cannot go wrong with this Lenovo laptop.
The 1650 GPU handles AutoCAD and other 3D modeling applications like a champ.
* Lenovo Ideapad L340 Gaming Laptop, 15.6 Inch FHD (1920 X 1080) IPS Display, Intel Core i5-9300H Processor, 8GB DDR4 RAM, 512GB Nvme SSD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650, Windows 10, Black
Dell Inspiron i7567
The Dell Inspiron i7567 is one of the best recommendations. It has latest i5 quad core processor, very powerful, desktop-grade nvidia laptop graphics card and super fast SSD that ensures app launch timings are super quick. The display packs full HD 1920×1080 pixels and has anti glare coating. It is hard to beat this Dell Inspiron laptop. Pair that with a backlit, full size keyboard and multitouch touchpad and it is hard to beat it at this price point. This is the best laptop for solidworks, AutoCAD and other CAD-applications.
* Intel Core i5-7300HQ Quad Core (6MB Cache, up to 3.5 GHz)
* NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 4GB GDDR5
* 8 GB DDR4 RAM / 8 GB Solid-State Drive + 1TB HDD
* 15.6-Inch FHD IPS, Wide-Angle, Anti Glare Screen
MSI GF63 Thin 9RCX-615
MSI GF63 Thin 9RCX-615 is one of the most affordable laptop for CAD purposes. It packs the flagship i5 quad core 8th-gen processor and Nvidia GTX 1050Ti GPU for smooth experience while using Auto CAD experience. It comes equipped with a full HD screen that is an absolute delight to work with, thanks to sharpness. The keyboard is backlit and looks amazing in person. It will let you program in all kinds of situation – bright or dim.
Display: 15.6 inches FHD (1920 x 1080), IPS Level, 60Hz, 45 percent NTSC, Thin Bezel
Processor: Intel Core i5 9300H 2.4-4.1 GHz
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050Ti 4G GDDR5
Memory: 8GB (8G x 1) DDR4 2666MHz, 2 Sockets; Max Memory 64GB, Storage: 512GB NVMe SSD
Lenovo Flex 14
The 2020 Lenovo Flex 14 is a convertible laptop for AutoCAD that doubles as tablet as well. It has powerful AMD Ryzen 5 quad core processor, Radeon Vega 8 GPU and fast 12GB memory that helps loading graphics in CAD and similar applications way quicker than traditional laptops. Its 14” screen boasts IPS tech and full HD resolution that results in amazing viewing angles and crisp images and text. The keyboard is full size and backlit too which is a huge plus. This makes Lenovo Flex 14 an excellent AutoCAD ultrabook to buy in 2020.
* Lenovo Flex 14 2-in-1 Convertible Laptop, 14 Inch FHD Touchscreen Display, AMD Ryzen 5 3500U Processor, AMD Radeon Vega 8 graphics, 12GB DDR4 RAM, 256GB NVMe SSD, Windows 10, Pen Included
Still confused? It is worth noting that going for a cheap gaming laptop under 500 would not be a bad choice for the AutoCAD users as CAD applications requires powerful processor and GPU – both of which are present in these gaming laptops.