Top cheap AutoCAD ultrabook laptop in 2016 – best CAD and 3D modelling laptop specs
An ultrabook for handling AutoCAD should pack powerful processor, lots of RAM and fast storage. Find out ideal Auto CAD ultrabook laptop specs. These are great for laptops with 3D modelling
AutoCAD engineers require powerful computers. These days portability is the key and if you are an AutoCAD laptop user, you might be wondering if ultrabooks are good enough for handling the heavy processing required for the software you use on a daily basis. The answer is both yes and no. Same goes for laptop or ultrabook for SAP or Matlab. If you are going to buy the cheapest ultrabook under 500 dollars then the answer is no as they do not pack enough power to give the user a smooth and jitter free experience. That said buying the most expensive will still not do the job. A good ultrabook for AutoCAD and 3D modelling laptop should have the following ingredients.
Best CAD ultrabook laptop Lenovo Ideapad 700
Lenovo is calling it a gaming laptop but the Auto CAD experts see this as the best CAD laptop out there. It has latest i5 processor backed by NVIDIA GeForce GTX950M that makes rendering in CAD software fast and smooth. There is plenty of RAM to play with here and storage is not a problem as well. SSD ensures that loading is blithering fast. The screen is full HD allowing you to see more at a glance.
* Intel Core i5 6300HQ processor
* NVIDIA GeForce GTX950M discrete GPU
* 12 GB RAM, 256 GB SSD, Windows 10
* 15.6″ full HD 1920×1080 resolution display
Look for these when choosing an ultrabook laptop for AutoCAD, Matlab and SAP
1. Performance: It is wise to get one with at least Core i5 or i7 processor and that too of latest generation. If you are buying a an i5 ultrabook of previous generation then we suggest not buying it as it will not give you the power you need for your CAD applications.
2. Storage: Simply buying one with 1TB hard disk would not do you any good. You ought to get an ultrabook with SSD if you wan brisk performance. You would not want to wait for minutes for retrieving large files. Hybrid storage is also getting a lot of traction these days as a lot of manufactures have started equipping their ultrabooks and laptops with hybrid drives that pack both hard disk and solid state drives. The SSD are used for storing the operating system and program files while the hard disk is used for storing media files.
3. Memory: Get one with at least 8GB RAM or it should be user upgradeable if RAM is 4GB. Having lots of memory at disposable prevents the system from doing paging that slows down the computer considerably.
4. Battery life: Make sure your ultrabook has good battery life as there is no point of buying a portable machine with poor battery life.
5. Display: You are going to be spending quite a lot of time in front of your laptop’s display so do not choose a 11″ ultrabook and always try to get a nice, big 15″ ultrabook laptop.
Here are the ultrabooks that our laptop experts chose for the CAD engineers
This Asus laptop is one amazing powerhouse packing i7 processor, Nvidia dedicated graphics for excellent CAD and gaming performance and super fast 256GB SSD. It has full HD display too. Remember that when buying an ultrabook for auto CAD, if you are getting i7 CPU, a dedicated GPU and SSD in a laptop, then you should definitely consider buying it.
* 15.6 inch full HD display
* Intel Core i7 6500u processor
* Nvidia 950M discrete graphics
* 8GB RAM + 256GB SSD for storage
* Latest Windows 10 operating system
When it comes to choosing the best CAD ultrabook, then this Asus F556UA comes to mind. It offers specifications that are usually found in much more expensive laptops – a full HD display, super spacious 256GB SSD, 8GB RAM and so on. If you are confused about which autocad ultrabook to buy, then go for this Asus laptop.
* Intel Core i5 6200u ultrabook processor with long battery life
* 15.6″ full HD 1920 x 1080 pixel display
* 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD
HP has been in the laptop business from the couple of decades now and their experience has started to show in their recent ultrabooks. This one looks thin and slick thanks to its all aluminium chassis and industrial design. It continues to wow us with excellent overall performance too.
* Full HD 15.6″ display with 1920×1080 resolution
* Intel Core i5-6200u processor, integrated graphics
* 8GB RAM, 128 GB SSD
Asus X555DA is most affordable laptop for CAD purposes. It packs the flagship AMD processor and Radeon R7 GPU for smooth experience while using Auto CAD experience.
* AMD Quad Core A10-8700P 1.8 GHz (Turbo to 3.2 GHz)
* 8GB RAM/ 1TB 5400RPM with DVD±RW/CD-RW. Windows 10 operating system
* 15.6 inches LED backlit display, full HD 1920×1080 resolution, matte finish, 2x USB 3.0, 1x USB 2.0, 1x HDMI, 1x VGA ports and 1x Card Reader
* 1 year International Warranty with 1 year Accidental Damage Protection
Dell Inspiron i7559 Core i5, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, NVIDIA GPU
The Dell Inspiron i7559 is one of the best recommendations. It has latest i5 quad core processor, very powerful nvidia graphics cad and super fast SSD that ensures app launch timings are super quick. The display packs full HD 1920×1080 pixels and has anti glare coating. It is hard to beat this Dell Inspiron i7559 laptop.
Intel i5-6300HQ 2.3 GHz Quad-Core (6M Cache, Turbo up to 3.2 GHz)
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 4GB GDDR5
8 GB DDR3L / 256 GB Solid-State Drive
15.6-Inch FHD IPS, Wide-Angle, Anti Glare Screen
Dell Inspiron 15 i5555
Like the aforementioned HP laptop, Dell Inspiron 15 packs multi touch touchscreen panel, AMD A10 quad core processor and Radeon R6 dedicated GPU. You simply cannot go wrong with this Dell laptop.
* 15.6 in HD LED touchscreen (1366 x 768), 10-finger multi-touch support
* AMD A10-8700P 1.80 GHz with Turbo up to 3.20 GHz, AMD Radeon R6 with shared graphics memory
* 8GB DDR3L 1600 MHz Memory, 1TB 5400 rpm Hard Drive, Tray load DVD Drive (Reads and Writes to DVD/CD)
HP Business 15
HP Business 15 comes with touchscreen, quad core AMD processor, Radeon R5 graphics and 15.6″ anti glare display – making this one of the most affordable laptops for CAD computing. This is one of the best AMD ultrabooks out there and priced very aggressively as well.
* AMD Quad-Core A8-7410 Processor 2.2GHz with Turbo Speed 2.5 GHz, 4GB DDR3L 1600MHz RAM, 1TB 5400 RPM HDD;
* 15.6″ Diagonal HD Touchscreen; Anti-glare; Energy-efficient LED backlight; 1366 x 768; HD Webcam; AMD Radeon R5 Graphics
* 1 headphone/ microphone combo, 1 Superspeed USB 3.0, 2 USB 2.0, 1 SD card reader, 1 HDMI, SuperMulti DVD/CD burner
* 802.11bgn high-speed reliable wireless LAN, RJ-45 Ethernet, Dual built-in speakers
ASUS K501UW – the best
This is the flagship, uncompromising ultrabook laptop for doing Auto CAD or any other CAD application. Infact, it is so powerful that it can substitute your Xbox or PlayStation. It comes with full HD display and features ultra fast dual band Wi-Fi.
* Powerful 6th-generation Intel Core i7-6500U 2.5GHz (Turbo up to 3.1GHz). Skylake
* 15.6 inches Matte FHD display. 1920 by 1080 resolution. Windows 10 Operating System.
* NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M gaming graphic card; 8GB RAM; 512GB SSD Storage. Backlit keyboard.
* Gigabit Dual-Band 802.11AC ultra-fast Wi-Fi.
2x USB 3.0, 1x USB 2.0, 1x HDMI, 1x VGA ports and 1x Card Reader.
Top laptop for CAD software Dell XPS9350-5341SLV : Quad HD touchscreen, ultimate powerhouse
Dell XPS laptops are monsters and this CAD ultrabook is no exception. It has Core i7 processor with Intel IRIS graphics which handles AutoCAD and other CAD software without any problem. Premium materials were used while creating this laptop. Infact, single block of aluminium for a sturdy, durable chassis was used to create it. It has quad HD display, four times full HD resolution so you can see everything in detail. It even has touchscreen so you can use it like your phone or tablet. The keyboard of this ultrabook laptop is backlit as well, allowing you to type in dimly lit environments.
* 6th Generation Intel Core i7-6560U (4M Cache, up to 3.2 GHz), Intel Iris Graphics 540
* NVIDIA GeForce GTX950M discrete GPU
* 8GB LPDDR3 1866MHz RAM, 256GB PCIe Solid State Drive
* 13.3″ QHD+ (3200 x 1800) InfinityEdge touch display
* Stereo speakers + MaxxAudio; Keyboard: Backlit Keyboard; Battery: 56wHR, 4-Cell Battery
Acer Aspire V15 Nitro
While this ultra thin ultrabook laptop is made for gamers, it has all the ingredients that makes it an ideal CAD ultrabook as well. You get a full HD display, an i7 processor and whopping 1000GB storage with it.
* Full HD 15.6″ display
* Core i7 6700HQ processor with Nvidia GTX 960M GPU
* 1TB storage – ideal for those who store a lot and 8GB RAM
* Windows 10 Home operating system with whopping 6 hour battery life
Acer Aspire V15
Packing Nvidia 950M GPU, this Acer laptop packs latest skylake 6th generation i7 processor that does rendering super quickly in Auto CAD or similar applications.
* Intel Core i7-6700HQ Processor + NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950M with 2GB VRAM
* 15.6″ full HD 1080p display (1920×1080)
* 8GB DDR4 RAM, 1000GB hard disk drive
Still confused? It is worth noting that going for a cheap gaming laptop would not be a bad choice for the AutoCAD users as AutoCAD requires powerful processor and GPU – both of which are present in these gaming laptops.