Top cheap AutoCAD laptop 2018: Top Solidwork laptops 2018 – best CAD and 3D modelling laptop specs
Laptop for CAD engineer 2018
An ultrabook for handling AutoCAD and Solidworks should pack powerful processor, lots of RAM and fast storage. Find out ideal Auto CAD laptop specs. These are great for laptops with 3D modelling
AutoCAD engineers require powerful computers and we will help you find powerful and best Autocad laptops. These days portability is the key and if you are an AutoCAD laptop user, you might be wondering if ultrabooks are good enough for handling the heavy processing required for the software you use on a daily basis. The answer is both yes and no. Same goes for laptop or ultrabook for Solidworks, SAP or Matlab. If you are going to buy the cheapest ultrabook under 500 dollars then the answer is no as they do not pack enough power to give the user a smooth and jitter free experience. That said buying the most expensive will still not do the job. A good ultrabook for AutoCAD and 3D modelling laptop should have the following ingredients.
Look for these when choosing an ultrabook laptop for AutoCAD, Solidworks, Matlab and SAP
1. Performance: It is wise to get one with at least Core i5 or i7 processor and that too of latest generation. If you are buying a an i5 ultrabook of previous generation then we suggest not buying it as it will not give you the power you need for your CAD applications. It is also suggested to get laptop with discrete graphics if possibly from Nvidia because right now, they offer unparalleled GPU performance.
2. Storage: Simply buying one with 1TB hard disk would not do you any good. You ought to get an ultrabook with SSD if you wan brisk performance. You would not want to wait for minutes for retrieving large files. Hybrid storage is also getting a lot of traction these days as a lot of manufactures have started equipping their ultrabooks and laptops with hybrid drives that pack both hard disk and solid state drives. The SSD are used for storing the operating system and program files while the hard disk is used for storing media files.
3. Memory: Get one with at least 8GB RAM or it should be user upgradeable if RAM is 4GB. Having lots of memory at disposable prevents the system from doing paging that slows down the computer considerably.
4. Battery life: Make sure your ultrabook has good battery life as there is no point of buying a portable machine with poor battery life.
5. Display: You are going to be spending quite a lot of time in front of your laptop’s display so do not choose a 11″ ultrabook and always try to get a nice, big 15″ ultrabook laptop.
Here are the ultrabooks and laptops for the CAD engineers
Asus VivoBook Pro
This Asus laptop is one amazing powerhouse packing i7 processor, Nvidia dedicated graphics for excellent CAD and gaming performance and super fast 256GB SSD. There is additional 1TB hard disk onboard as wel which would be useful for storing those heavy apps. It has full HD 17-inch display packed into frame of 15″ laptop. The keyboard is excellent for typing and boasts backlit feature as well. Remember that when buying an ultrabook for auto CAD, if you are getting i7 CPU, a dedicated GPU and SSD in a laptop, then you should definitely consider buying it.
* Latest 8th Generation Intel Core i7-8550U 1.8GHz (Turbo up to 4.0GHz) Processor for smooth and uninterrupted 4K UHD playback or encoding
* 17.3″ Full HD Wide View display with 72% NTSC color gamut and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 4GB discrete graphics for flawless visuals
* Slim 16.2″ wide, 0.8″ thin and portable footprint
* 16GB DDR4 RAM and 256GB SSD + 1TB HDD storage combo; Ergonomic backlit keyboard with number pad
Acer Aspire E 15
Acer Aspire E 15 packs 15.6″ panel, full HD panel, i7 processor and Nvidia 940MX dedicated GPU. The keyboard is backlit and full size that gives you comfortable typing and navigation experience. You simply cannot go wrong with this Acer laptop. It is also one of the few Autocad ultrabooks out there that packs a DVD drive.
* 15.6 in FHD LED display (1920×1080)
* Intel i7-7500U dual core, upto 3.5GHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX 940MX 2GB dedicated graphics card
* 8GB DDR4 Memory, 1TB hard disk drive, Tray load DVD Drive (Reads and Writes to DVD/CD)
Best laptop for solidworks and CAD Dell Inspiron i7567
The Dell Inspiron i7567 is one of the best recommendations. It has latest i5 quad core processor, very powerful, desktop-grade nvidia laptop graphics card and super fast SSD that ensures app launch timings are super quick. The display packs full HD 1920×1080 pixels and has anti glare coating. It is hard to beat this Dell Inspiron laptop. Pair that with a backlit, full size keyboard and multitouch touchpad and it is hard to beat it at this price point. This is the best laptop for solidworks, AutoCAD and other CAD-applications.
* Intel Core i5-7300HQ Quad Core (6MB Cache, up to 3.5 GHz)
* NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 4GB GDDR5
* 8 GB DDR4 RAM / 8 GB Solid-State Drive + 1TB HDD
* 15.6-Inch FHD IPS, Wide-Angle, Anti Glare Screen
Acer Swift 3
Acer Swift 3 is most affordable laptop for CAD purposes. It packs the flagship i5 quad core 8th-gen processor and Nvidia MX150 GPU for smooth experience while using Auto CAD experience. It comes equipped with a full HD screen that is an absolute delight to work with, thanks to sharpness. The keyboard is backlit and looks amazing in person. It will let you program in all kinds of situation – bright or dim. Battery life is around 10 hours while doing web surfing.
* Intel Quad Core 8th Generation Intel Core i5-8250U processor + Nvidia GeForce MX150 with 2 GB of dedicated GDDR5 VRAM
* 8GB RAM/ 256GB solid state drive for instant response. Windows 10 operating system
* 14″ inches LED backlit IPS display, full HD 1920×1080 resolution, backlit keyboard
HP Envy 17T
HP Envy 17T is a monster of a laptop and in true words, a real desktop replacement laptop. It is a laptop with 17 inch screen that is also touchscreen and full HD panel. Powering the laptop is a quad core, 8th-generation i7 processor that is paired to an Nvidia dedicated graphics card that does rendering super quickly in Auto CAD, Matlab, SAP or similar applications. There is 16GB RAM onboard to ensure it never slows down in any condition. An excellent laptop for AutoCAD in 2017.
* Intel Core i7-8550U Processor + NVIDIA GeForce MX150 discrete graphics
* 17.3″ full HD 1080p display (1920×1080) with touchpanel
* 16GB DDR4 RAM, 1000GB hard disk drive + 256GB NVMe SSD
Asus M580VD is feature-rich laptop for AutoCAD, solidworks and gaming. Powering it is a quad core, standard voltage i5 processor and Nvidia GPU. For storage, there is blazingly fast 256GB SSD that is enormous by SSD standards. There is 8GB RAM for smooth computing experience. Any best CAD laptop is not complete without a great keyboard and Asus has equipped it with one of the best keyboards. It has 1.4mm of key travel for comfortable typing. And as expected from a premium laptop, it has backlit too so you can type in dark easily.
* Powerful 7th-generation Intel Core i5-7300HQ 2.5GHz, kabylake
* 15.6 inches Matte FHD display. 1920 by 1080 resolution. Windows 10 Operating System.
* NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 gaming graphic card; 8GB RAM; 256GB SSD Storage. Backlit keyboard.
* HDMI/D-SUB/USB Type C, 802.11a/c WiFi, and SD Card Reader
Asus Vivobook 15
When it comes to choosing the best CAD ultrabook, then this Asus Vivobook 15 comes to mind. It offers specifications that are usually found in much more expensive laptops – a full HD display, Nvidia graphics card, super spacious 1TB HDD, 8GB RAM and so on. If you are confused about which autocad ultrabook to buy, then go for this Asus laptop.
* Intel Core i5 7200u ultrabook processor with long battery life, Nvidia 940MX discrete graphics card
* 15.6″ full HD 1920 x 1080 pixel display
* 8GB RAM, 1TB HDD
HP Envy 15 x360 convertible
The 2017 HP Envy 15 is a convertible ultrabook for AutoCAD that doubles as tablet as well. It has powerful i7 ultra-low voltage processor and fast 12GB memory that helps loading graphics in CAD and similar applications way quicker than traditional laptops. Its 15.6” screen boasts IPS tech and full HD resolution that results in amazing viewing angles and crisp images and text. The keyboard is full size and backlit too which is a huge plus. An excellent AutoCAD ultrabook to buy in 2017.
* Convertible 15.6″ screen, IPS, 1920X1080 FHD
* Intel Core i7-7500U Processor, upto 3.5GHz, 4MB cache
* 12GB DDR3 RAM, 1TB hard disk, 8-hour battery life, 4.8 pounds, backlit keyboard
Acer Nitro 5
While this laptop is made for gamers, it has all the ingredients that makes it an ideal CAD laptop as well. You get a full HD display, a dedicated Nvidia graphics card, a quad core 7th gen-i5 processor, 16GB DDR4 RAM and fast 128GB storage with it. There is additional 1TB hard disk for storing heavy CAD files. It has a nice, full size keyboard which makes it an nice desktop replacement laptop too. One of the best laptops for AutoCAD, Solidworks, Matlab etc. It has beautifully laid out red backlit keyboard and multitouch trackpad, making it ideal for your daily work.
* Full HD 15.6″ display
* Core i5 7300HQ processor with Nvidia GTX 1050Ti GPU with 4GB VRAM
* 128GB SSD storage + 1TB HDD and 8GB RAM, Windows 10 Home operating system
Dell XPS9360 : Quad HD touchscreen, ultimate powerhouse
Dell XPS laptops are monsters and this CAD ultrabook is no exception. It has Core i7 processor with Intel IRIS graphics which handles AutoCAD and other CAD software without any problem. Premium materials were used while creating this laptop. Infact, single block of aluminium for a sturdy, durable chassis was used to create it. It has quad HD display, four times full HD resolution so you can see everything in detail. It even has touchscreen so you can use it like your phone or tablet. The keyboard of this ultrabook laptop is backlit as well, allowing you to type in dimly lit environments. Battery life is very good, too. It is one of the best ultrabooks for AutoCAD, Matlab and SAP.
* 7th Generation Intel Core i7-7500U (up to 3.5 GHz), Intel Iris Graphics
* 8GB LPDDR3 1866MHz RAM, 256GB PCIe Solid State Drive
* 13.3″ QHD+ (3200 x 1800) InfinityEdge touch display
* Stereo speakers + MaxxAudio; Keyboard: Backlit Keyboard; Battery: 56wHR, 4-Cell Battery
HP Pavilion 15
HP has been in the laptop business from the couple of decades now and their experience has started to show in their recent ultrabooks. This one looks thin and slick thanks to its all aluminium chassis and industrial design. It continues to wow us with excellent overall performance too.
* HD 15.6″ display with 1366×768 resolution
* Intel Core i7-7500u processor, integrated graphics
* 8GB RAM, 1TB (1024GB) hard disk, DVD drive
Lenovo Ideapad 700
Lenovo is calling it a gaming laptop but the Auto CAD experts see this as the best CAD laptop out there. It has latest i5 processor backed by NVIDIA GeForce GTX950M that makes rendering in CAD software fast and smooth. There is plenty of RAM to play with here and storage is not a problem as well. SSD ensures that loading is blithering fast. The screen is full HD allowing you to see more at a glance.
* Intel Core i5 6300HQ processor
* NVIDIA GeForce GTX950M discrete GPU
* 12 GB RAM, 256 GB SSD, Windows 10
* 15.6″ full HD 1920×1080 resolution display
HP Business 15
HP Business 15 comes with touchscreen, quad core AMD processor, Radeon R7 graphics and 15.6″ anti glare display – making this one of the most affordable laptops for CAD computing. This is one of the best AMD ultrabooks out there and priced very aggressively as well.
* 15.6″ diagonal HD SVA BrightView WLED-backlit (1366 x 768) Display; DTS Studio Sound with Dual Speakers; Full-size island-style keyboard with numeric keypad; Touchpad supporting multi-touch gestures.
* 7th Generation AMD A12-9700P APU (2.5GHz base frequency, up to 3.4GHz burst frequency, 2MB cashe), AMD Radeon R7 Graphics.
* 6 GB DDR4 SDRAM; 1TB Hard Drive; Optical Drive: DVD+/-RW.
* Webcam with integrated digital microphone; Fast 10/100 Ethernet; WiFi; Multi-Format Digital Media Card Reader; 2 x USB 2.0 port; 1 x USB 3.0 ports; 1 x HDMI port; 1 x headphone/microphone jack, 1 x RJ-45.
Still confused? It is worth noting that going for a cheap gaming laptop under 500 would not be a bad choice for the AutoCAD users as CAD applications requires powerful processor and GPU – both of which are present in these gaming laptops.