Best laptop with AMD in 2017: Best AMD ultrabook right now – Top laptops with AMD processor
Find the best ultrabook and laptop with AMD processor. Every AMD laptop or ultrabook comes with a discrete graphics card allowing one to enjoy superior graphics experience over a laptop without one. So if you’re looking for a best AMD laptop in 2017 that can handle high definition videos, gaming and even video editing, then investing in a decent laptop with AMD processor makes perfect sense.
You can buy an AMD laptop for under 300 dollars but the ones we recommend for video editing, gaming, audio editing and richer windows experience generally go for somewhere around 500 dollars. These AMD machines can give cheap 300 dollar laptops with Intel integrated graphics a run for their money as those laptops cost much higher than these cheap laptops with AMD processor.
There are a number of reasons why we prefer buying a cheap AMD laptop over an Intel laptop.
What factors define the best AMD laptop in the market? First and foremost, going for laptop with AMD A12, A8 or A10 is best for enjoying uncompromising computing experience. That said, AMD A6 equipped laptops are not bad too. Generally, you can say they provide similar performance as the Core i3 processors. AMD A8 and A10 come with Radeon R7 and Radeon R8 discrete graphics which yield stunning GPU performance.
Gaming performance – If you are into market for low end gaming, AMD processors are way to go. There is a reason there are so many gaming laptops under 500 dollar range that make use of AMD processor. This is the very reason why you won’t find netbook with AMD because even the best netbooks are made for simple tasks and are not meant to do heavy lifting. Intel processors not only cost more to the manufactures but the fact they come with Intel integrated graphics makes them a poor, budget gaming laptop.
Graphic performance – Another area why it is better getting an AMD processor over Intel. AMD offers many processors as APUs and they feature AMD Radeon branded graphics on same chip. This makes them an excellent value when it comes to graphics performance. Applications like AutoCAD, Matlab, SAP, Photoshop and corel draw can make use of the AMD Radeon GPU to render graphics. So when you get an AMD laptop over Intel laptop, you get superior graphics performance.
Asus X555DA is a budget AMD laptop that comes pre loaded with windows 10 and has top of the line AMD CPU for under 500 dollars, making it one of the best deals out there. This is an excellent all-around laptop capable of handling games, demanding apps and whatnot. It has nice, full size keyboard with numeric keypad and DVD drive that doubles it as cheap desktop replacement laptop.
* 15.6 inches LED backlit display, full HD resolution, matte finish
* AMD Quad Core A10-8700P 1.8 GHz (Turbo to 3.2 GHz) processor
* 8GB RAM/ 1TB 5400RPM with DL DVD±RW/CD-RW. Windows 10 operating system
* 2x USB 3.0, 1x USB 2.0, 1x HDMI, 1x VGA ports and 1x Card Reader
Dell Inspiron 15
Dell Inspiron 15 is a serious laptop that can do graphics and gaming as well. It has latest AMD A9 processor processor released till date with very powerful Radeon R5 graphics card. It looks and feels very professional. There is no shortage of storage space onboard as it comes with spacious 1TB hard disk. It has extremely well-designed and comfortable laptop keyboard. You will love typing long documents on this keyboard.
* 15.6″ High Resolution LED Backlight, HD (1366×768) Truelife Display
* 7th Generation AMD A9-9400 Processor with Radeon R5 Graphics
* 8GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB HDD, DVD-RW
This Lenovo 15.6-inch AMD laptop features AMD FX quad core which is one of the high performance CPUs by the company. Couple that with whopping 16GB RAM and 1TB hard disk, you have a winner in your hands. It has full size keyboard with number-pad.
* 15.6-inch High-Definition (1366 x 768) LED-Backlit Display
* AMD FX-7500 APU 2.1GHz with turbo boost frequency up to 3.30 GHz, AMD Radeon R7 with shared graphics memory
* 16GB DDR3 RAM, 1TB Hard Drive, DVD RW
* 1 USB 3.0, 2 USB 2.0, 801.11 A/C WiFi, Bluetooth 4.0, Ethernet, HDMI and VGA output, 4-hour battery life
Lenovo Ideapad 310
Lenovo Ideapad 310 features the top end AMD A12 processor that has powerful AMD Radeon R5 Graphics so you get excellent processing and graphics performance. Couple that with 12GB RAM and 1000GB hard disk and you’ve an unbeatable laptop at an affordable price tag.
* 15.6-inch LED-Lit display, 1366×768 resolution
* AMD A12-9700P processor
* 12GB RAM, 1TB 5400RPM HDD
Dell Inspiron 15 i5555
Dell Inspiron 15 i5555 is for those who want uncompromising performance. It features most powerful AMD processor for laptops and capable Radeon R6 graphics that can handle photoshop, gaming and other graphic related apps with ease. It is also one of the few AMD ultrabooks with touchscreen panel and backlit keyboard.
* AMD A10-8700P top-of-the-line processor + AMD Radeon R6 GPU
* 8GB RAM + 1TB HDD
* 15.6 in HD LED touchscreen (1366 x 768), 10-finger multi-touch support
* DVD +/- RW optical drive, backlit keyboard
HP Probook Flagship
HP Probook laptop range is popular for its unparalleled build quality and this one is no exception. Powered by the most powerful AMD laptop processor till now, it comes with dedicated Radeon R6 graphics. It has decent six hour battery life too.
* AMD A10-8700 APU with Radeon R6 Graphics (1.8 GHz, up to 3.2 GHz, 2 MB cache, 4 cores)
* 16GB DDR3L 1600MHz RAM, 1TB SATA Hard Drive SuperMulti DL; DVD-ROM
* 15.6-inch High-Definition Anti-glare LED Backlit Display (1366 x 768), HD Webcam, HDMI, VGA
Lenovo 17.3-inch High Performance Premium Laptop
This is a desktop replacement laptop with 17 inch screen powered by AMD processor. It is very powerful and comes with discrete Radeon R5 graphics. Storage is not a problem thanks to spacious 1TB hard disk and so is its price tag of 399 dollars. Some people prefer large displays especially those who are used to working on large monitors. 17 inch display gives you plenty of screen real estate to work with.
* 17.3″ diagonal HD+ BrightView WLED-backlit (1600 x 900) display
* AMD Quad-Core A8-6410 2.0GHz processor 3 MB cache, AMD Radeon R5 Graphics
* 4GB DDR3L SDRAM memory, 1TB SATA 5400rpm hard drive, SuperMulti DVD/CD burner
HP Pavilion 15-ba009dx
If you are looking for an affordable laptop with AMD processor, considering checking the HP Pavilion 15 that has quad core processor which is more than enough for your daily tasks. It comes with 4GB RAM and 500GB hard disk. It is less than an inch thin and weighs well under 5-pounds.
* 15.6-inch HD (1366 x 768) screen, full size keyboard with numpad
* AMD Quad-Core A6-7310 2GHz Processor up to 2.4GHz, AMD Radeon R4 graphics with up to 4352MB total Graphics Memory
* 4GB DDR3L SDRAM (1 DIMM), 500GB 5400RPM hard drive, SuperMulti DVD burner
Lenovo IdeaPad 500
This particular model comes with 1080p full HD display giving you highly crisp text and graphics. If you read a lot, you will fall in love with this AMD laptop. It comes with AMD A10 processor, 8GB RAM and 1TB hard disk. The high-grade processor and Radeon R7 graphics make it ideal for working on AutoCAD, Solidworks and video editing applications. It is great for gaming too.
* 15.6-inch Full HD 1080p Display (1920 x 1080)
* AMD Quad-Core A10-8700P processor (2MB Cache, 1.8 GHz Turbo boost to 3.2GHz), AMD Radeon R6 Graphics
* 8GB DDR3L SDRAM Memory, 1TB Hard Drive, 2 USB 3.0, 1 USB 2.0, 4 in 1 card reader(SD, SDHC, SDXC and MMC)
* DVD RW Optical Drive, HD webcam, HDMI, VGA
HP 15 high performance laptop
HP 15 has all the specs that makes it a fast laptop – quad core processor, 8GB RAM and fast SSD storage. Its SSD drive and 8GB RAM ensures that everything is near-instant on it. It is a great laptop to stay productive on the move. If you have tight budget and want a capable AMD laptop, this is good choice.
* 15.6 inch energy-efficient display with 1366×768 resolution
* AMD A6-7310 processor, AMD Radeon R4 GPU
* 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, SuperMulti DVD burner, 4.73 lbs, up to 5 hours battery life
AMD laptops are great in raw processing department. And since all of them come with Radeon graphics card, they do better than Intel laptops in multimedia department. They are good at content creation and content consumption. They tend to be cheaper too. Either way, it is a win-win for the consumers.