Top laptops for gaming under 500, 300, 700, 800 dollars 2017 edition
Gaming laptops under 500 dollars can be hard to find but not impossible. We have a made list of best gaming laptops under 500, 300, 700 and 800 dollars in 2016. Two years back, there were almost no laptops under this range but times have change and price of gaming components has gone down in a big way. That is why it is possible to buy an excellent, capable gaming laptop under 500. Normally gaming laptops cost a lot, normally costing more than 1000 dollars for a decent configuration. Lately laptop manufactures have introduced cheaper ones that let you play games at decent frame rate and quality for as low as 400 dollars and in some cases as low as 300.
Best gaming laptops under 500, 300, 700, 800 dollars in 2016
1. Good GPU: When it comes to games, having a good graphics processing unit (GPU) is a must. It should be your top priority so make sure it has decent GPU power to run games. A normal AMD or Core i3 processor backed by decent discrete laptop GPU will run the game just fine. It is best to look out for laptop with AMD processor under 500 dollars as they also come with a powerful GPU onboard. This AMD Radeon R5 or R7 graphics card can handle most high end games at medium or low settings just fine. That being said, Nvidia laptop graphics cards are still preferred over AMD.
2. SSD or Hybrid hard disk configuration: It is important to get one with solid state drive or hybrid hard disk drive if you want to ensure that everything loads up quickly. Hybrid HDDs come with a small cache or SSD that speed up loading times considerably. Keep in mind that games take up a lot of storage space so stay away from SSDs if you are planning to store a lot of heavy-duty games on your laptop.
3. Processor: This is heart of your laptop and despite the fact that discrete graphics have a more important role than the processor in gaming laptop, it is important to go for atleast i5 or i7 processor. This is important to ensure smooth operations and multi-tasking experience. In case you are getting an AMD powered laptop, then going for AMD A8 or A10 is recommended. Both come with quad cores and are used in some of the best gaming laptops under 500.
4. Battery life: While most laptop experts will say that battery life does not matter on gaming laptops, it is entirely not true. Since you are a getting a laptop and not a desktop, there will be scenarios where you will want to use it for non-gaming purposes. So make sure it has at least 2-3 hours of battery life.
Best Gaming Laptop Under 500 is Acer Aspire E 15
This Acer laptop might have business looks but it packs all the armor for standing toe to toe with the most powerful gaming laptops out there. It has super powerful Nvidia 940MX GPU and full HD display which together ensure immersive gaming experience. It is hard to imagine but Acer even packed in a backlit keyboard to let you type in dark easily. The touchpad supports multi touch gestures and its keyboard packs a dedicated numpad to let you input numbers quickly. There is ample of storage to store those heavy games and 8GB RAM ensures jitter-free gaming experience. The 256GB solid state drives loads up games and applications faster than ever.
* Intel Core i5-7200U sixth generation processor
* 256GB SSD + 8 GB DDR3L SDRAM
* 15.6-Inch Full HD Screen, backlit keyboard
* NVIDIA GeForce 940MX with 2GB VRAM
The Lenovo Z50 comes with 15.6 inch display and features quad core AMD processor with discrete graphics that handles almost any game with ease. You get whopping 1000GB hard disk and 8GB RAM to ensure every app runs as smooth as butter. The Lenovo Z-series is well known for having excellent build quality and ergonomic full size keyboards. It is one of the most affordable gaming laptops under 500 dollars.
* 15.6-Inch Screen with HD resolution
* AMD A10-7300 1.9 GHz Processor, Radeon R6 GPU
* 8 GB DDR3L SDRAM, 1TB 5400 rpm Hard Drive, Windows 10
Lenovo Ideapad 310
It has latest AMD processor that brings high quality graphics card enabling you to play high definition content and latest games at decent FPS. With its AMD Radeon R5 GPU, 1000GB hard disk and whopping 12GB RAM, you have plenty of plenty of processing and graphics power for work and play. Its 15.6-inch HD screen is great for watching videos and stereo speakers bring quality sound experience to the table. Clearly one of the most affordable and best gaming laptop under 500 dollars.
AMD A12-9700P (2.30 GHz) processor, Radeon R5 GPU
15.6″ diagonal widescreen TFT display at 1366 x 768 native resolution (HD)
12GB DDR3L 1600MHz RAM, 1TB (5400 RPM) Serial ATA hard disk drive, 4-in-1 card reader (SD, SDHC, SDXC, MMC)
Lenovo Ideapad 500
Powered by AMD quad core, top-of-the line processor, this Lenovo is best laptop under 500. Thanks to AMD Radeon R6 graphics, you will be able to enjoy extreme gaming and immersive movies. There is massive 8GB RAM for supreme multitasking experience and 1000GB hard disk to let you store your multimedia and gaming content without ever running out of storage.
* AMD Quad-Core A10-8700P processor (2MB Cache, 1.8 GHz Turbo boost to 3.2GHz), AMD Radeon R6 Graphics
*8GB DDR3L SDRAM Memory, 1TB Hard Drive, 2 USB 3.0, 1 USB 2.0, 4 in 1 card reader(SD, SDHC, SDXC and MMC)
* 15.6-inch Full HD 1080p Display (1920 x 1080), DVD RW Optical Drive, HD webcam, HDMI, VGA
The Asus X555DA offers excellent value for money. Powered by quad core AMD A10 processor, it features Radeon R7 GPU that handles even latest games with ease. There is plenty of storage and memory for smooth computing experience. The keyboard is full size and has dedicated numpad and Asus Ice Cool technology to keep the palm-rest area at cool temperature. The keys have travel of 1.6mm for comfortable typing experience and we assure you won’t feel tired even after typing for long hours.
AMD Quad Core A10-8700P 2.5GHz (Turbo up to 3.4GHz) processor
8GB RA, 1TB 5400RPM with DVD RW
15.6 inches LED backlit display, 1366 by 768 resolution, matte finished.
Feature 2 x USB 3.0, 1 x USB 2.0, 1 x HDMI and VGA ports.
1 year International Warranty with 1 year Accidental Damage Protection, ergonomically designed keyboard with IceCool technology keeps the palm rest at a comfort temperature.
Dell Inspiron i5555 is a 300 dollar laptop that is good for basic gaming. It comes with AMD A8 quad core processor, Radeon R4 and 6GB RAM, which allows it to handle most games just fine. It is 1 inch thick and easy to carry around.
| 15.6-inch HD LED-backlit Display, AMD A8-7410 Quad Core Processor, 6GB DDR3L RAM, 500GB HDD, DVD +/- RW, Radeon R5 Graphics, Windows 10
Looking for even cheaper gaming laptops? Well there are some more but you probably would not be able to run games at medium settings, so if you want good FPS in a game, consider sticking to laptops shown above or below. If you want more cheap gaming laptops under $500, see this list at budget-laptop.com.
Gaming laptop around 700 and 800 dollars in 2016 ($500-$800)
Dell Inspiron i5577
If you are looking for serious gaming laptop around 800 dollars, this Dell laptop should be top of your list. It has full-voltage 7th-gen i5 processor and Nvidia 1050, both of which promise the best experience one can have in a gaming laptop under 800 dollars. The screen has full HD resolution and IPS technology for superb wide viewing angles. The screen has been given anti-glare coating for glare-free gaming experience. The keyboard is full size, backlit and features dedicated numberpad. Our reviewers loved the ergonomic keyboard design and wide touchpad. Storage is all SSD so expect lightening fast transfer speeds and with 8GB RAM, there is nothing stopping this laptop.
* Intel i5-7300HQ 2.5 GHz Quad-Core (6M Cache, Turbo up to 3.2 GHz)
* NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 4GB GDDR5
* 8 GB DDR3L / 256 GB Solid-State Drive
* 15.6-Inch FHD IPS, Wide-Angle, Anti Glare Screen.
Lenovo Ideapad Y700
Lenovo Ideapad Y700 features quad core i7 processor that is backed by 128GB SSD and 500GB hard disk, thus giving you both speed and storage space. It has Radeon R9 graphics onboard which is great for gaming, video editing and other graphic intensive tasks. The red backlit keyboard adds more to its gaming character. It is one of the best gaming laptops with i7 under 800 dollars out there and we assure you would not be disappointed with it.
* 14″ FHD (1920×1080) IPS Anti-glare Display, AMD Radeon R9 M375 2GB GDDR5 Graphics
* Intel Core i7-6700HQ Quad Core Processor 2.6GHz (6MB Cache, Max Turbo Frequency 3.5GHz), 8GB DDR3 Memory, 500GB 5400rpm Hard Drive + 128GB Solid State Drive, No Optical Drive
* 802.11 ac Wifi, Bluetooth 4.1, Dual Array Microphone, Backlit Keyboard, HD Webcam, USB 3.0, USB 2.0, HDMI, Card Reader
* Windows 10 Home 64, 3-cell Li-ion Battery (45Wh), 13.78″ x 10.20″ x 1.02″, 4.84 lbs, Black
Acer 17″ gaming laptop under 700
The Acer 17 is powered by latest 7th generation Intel Core i5 processor. It comes with large 17 inch full HD display and runs latest version of Windows operating system. You also get full size, comfortable laptop keyboard that allows you to type comfortabley for hours. It has dedicated number for crunching-in numbers faster. Acer 17 is one of the best and cheap gaming laptop which when coupled with discrete Nvidia 940MX graphics makes it our editor’s choice.
* Intel Core i5-7200U kabylake processor
* 17.3 inches Matte FHD display. 1920 by 1080 resolution. Windows 10 Operation System.
* NVIDIA GeForce GTX 940MX gaming graphic card; 8GB RAM; 256GB SSD Storage
* Bluetooth 4.1, 2 x USB 3.0 (One with Power-off Charging), 1 x USB 3.1 Type-C, 2 x USB 2.0, 1 x HDMI
Dell Inspiron i5765-2764GRY
The new 7th generation AMD A12 processor packs quad cores and yields more power than an i5 processor. The AMD A12 also has Radeon R8 graphics that delivers stellar GPU performance. This is the best 17 inch laptop which gives you bigger display to play games on. The keyboard is nice and large, packs a big touchpad for doing gestures for zoom, point and scroll. You get a backlit keyboard which is not common on gaming laptops around 600 dollars.
* 7th generation AMD a12-9700p Quad-Core Processor with Radeon R8 M445DX Dual Graphics
* 8GB DDR4 2400Mhz included; 16GB maximum
* 1TB HDD storage; tray load DVD Drive (reads and writes to DVD/CD) included
* 17.3-Inch HD+ (1600 x 900) anti-glare LED-backlit Display, Windows 10 operating system; Gray chassis
Acer Aspire F15
This Acer laptop might have strict business looks but underneath its shell is a very powerful Nvidia 950M graphics card that offers excellent gaming performance. It is great for those who want something that does not look too different from rest of mainstream laptops. It offers great value for money and can play any game or graphic-intensive application smoothly. This is great graphic designing and AutoCAD laptop out there offering incredible value for money.
* 15.6-inch Full HD Widescreen Display (1920 x 1080), NVIDIA GeForce 950M Graphics with 4GB Dedicated GDDR5 VRAM
* 7th-generation Intel Core i5-7200U processor clocked at 2.50 GHz with Turbo Boost Technology up to 2.70 GHz
* 12GB DDR3L 1600 MHz SDRAM, 1TB 5400 RPM HDD + 128GB SSD, 720P HD Webcam, HDMI, VGA
802.11AC WiFi featuring MIMO technology (Dual-Band 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz) * 3 USB 3.0, LAN (10/100/1000)
Lenovo Ideapad 510
This 15-inch ultrabook from Lenovo brings slim and powerful gaming workstation at an affordable price tag. It combines stunning visuals and amazing sound with fast SSD storage that allows it to deliver stunning gaming and multimedia experience. It doubles as a great-looking workhorse that is less than 1″ thick. This is one of the best kabylake laptop delivers efficient performance with its i7 processor, 12GB RAM and Nvidia 940MX discrete graphics.
* 15.6″ full HD 1920×1080 pixel resolution
* Intel Core i7-7500U 2.7GHz Processor, Nvidia GeForce GTX 940MX dedicated graphics
* 12GB RAM, 256GB SSD
This Asus flagship delivers excellent performance in gaming department and comes with backlit laptop keyboard as well. You get the powerful Intel i7 processor with Nvidia 940M GPU and 1000GB hard disk. Its 15.6” display packs full HD resolution making it ideal for productivity and gaming. Talking about gaming, its powerful GPU ensures you get gitter-free experience even while playing high-end, latest games.
* Full HD 1920 x 1080 15.6-inch display
* Intel Core i7-6500U Dual-Core processor with Nvidia GeForce GTX 940M with 2GB GDDR3 VRAM dedicated graphics card
* 8GB RAM, 1TB HDD
* Windows 10 (64-bit), backlit keyboard
Best gaming laptop under 300
Dell Inspiron 15
Dell Inspiron 15 is best gaming laptop around 300 dollars. Built like a tank, this Dell laptop is powered by quad core AMD processor which when combined with Radeon R5 GPU, delivers satisfactory gaming experience. 500GB hard disk is ample for storing big games and 6GB RAM is enough for jitter-free gaming.
* AMD A8-7410 Quad-Core Processor with integrated AMD Radeon R5 graphics
* 15.6″ LED-backlit LCD high-definition widescreen display, 1366 x 768 resolution showcases movies, games and Web content in crisp detail.
* 6GB RAM, 500GB HDD, Microsoft Windows 10 operating system
* Built-in memory card reader, Supports SD, SDHC and SDXC memory cards.
Dell Inspiron i3541
The Dell Inspiron i3541 is a gaming laptop under 300 dollars and offers so much for so little. Packing Radeon R4 graphics from AMD, it is able to handle any game or high definition video with ease.
* 15.6″ LED backlit screen with Truelife HD. Lets you enjoy your favorite movies, shows and games in stunning 1366 x 768 resolution.
* 4GB of memory is available to run games, programs and more. Memory can be expanded up to 8GB. Additional memory is sold separately.
* 500GB hard drive has plenty of storage space for your documents and programs.
* Integrated Radeon R4 graphics for outstanding gaming and streaming video.