Best ultrabook with 13 inch display of 2018 – Top 13 inch laptops in 2018
Why 13 inch ultrabook laptops?
Ultrabook laptops are all about portability and that is why a lot of us are looking for best 13 inch ultrabook laptops of 2016. While some prefer big 15 inch ultrabooks for getting better screen real estate, some of us like to enjoy portability while on the move. If you believe our laptop experts, there is a massive difference between 13 and 15 inch ultrabooks. When you carry a laptop machine down the road, every single inch makes a difference. That is why when it comes to portability, we choose ultrabooks with 13 inch display over others.
Best 13 inch ultrabook Asus Zenbook
There is a compromise in almost all 13.3 ultrabooks out there but there is one model that we found to be flawless. Meet the Asus Zenbook. It has a 13.3” display with full HD resolution, whopping 256GB SSD, 8GB RAM and an Intel Core i5 low voltage quad-core processor. The i5 processor in Asus Zenbook promises top of the line performance and ground breaking eight hour battery life. There is fingerprint reader onboard to ensure fast-login and high security. Even though it is very thin, the company has not compromised on the ports front.
* 8th gen Intel i5-8250U Processor
* 13.3-inch Full HD display, 1920 x 1080 resolution
* 8GB RAM + 256GB SSD Storage
* Backlit keyboard allows you to type in dark.
* Dual band 802.11AC ultra-fast Wi-Fi, micro HDMI/USB 3.1 Type C, 802.11ac WiFi, and SD Card Reader
Finding the best ultrabook with 13 inch screen – What to look out for?
Speed – If you have $1000 or more for your budget, always choose for the one that comes with either Core i5 or i7 processor. Core i3 or AMD laptops are no slouch either but if you have good budget, why settle for cheap 100 – 200 dollar laptops with slower processors.
Weight: The main reason why anyone gets an ultrabook over a regular laptop is portability. Ultrabook pack the more power than the regular laptops in a more compact casing. There is no compromise on keyboard front as they feature some of the best laptop keyboards out there. Most of the ultrabooks weigh under 3-3.5 pounds making them super easy to carry around.
Storage – There are two storage types. One is hard disk and another is SSD. The laptops with SSD is usually faster but hard disk usually offers you a lot more storage capacity. On the brighter side, SSDs are shockproof and since there are no mechanical parts, your data has less chance of getting corrupted.
Display – Always opt for a display that has HD+ or full HD resolution having 1600 x 900 and 1920 x 1080 pixels respectively. This will ensure a lot more data is displayed on the screen than the conventional laptop display. Also you will be more comfortable while working with two documents at the same time as there are more pixels to work with.
Battery life – There is no point in having an ultra portable laptop which has atrocious battery life. So which is the best ultrabook with 13″ display out there? Let us find out.
List of top 13 inch ultrabooks 2018
Huawei MateBook X Signature Edition
The Huawei MateBook X Signature Edition is one of most slimmest and smallest 13 inch ultrabook ever released. The bezel size is almost non-existent. You get latest kabylake and most efficient Core i7 laptop processor, 8GB RAM and speedy 256GB PCIe SSD which is fastest in terms of data transfer. This 13 inch ultrabook offers industry-leading battery life despite having top-specs out there. It has quad HD resolution with 2K resolution gives you super high resolution display. It is coated with Corning Gorilla Glass that gives you best protection and prevents it from getting scratched. The keyboard is super comfortable and backlit that will help you in lighting up your keys and ideas. Once you have used its backlit features, you would not be able to live without it.
* 13.3 inch QHD display, 2K display (2160×1440) protected by Corning Gorilla Glass and a 4.4mm narrow bezel with 88% screen screen-to-body ratio
* 7th Generation Intel Core i7-7500U processor with 4MB Cache, up to 3.5 GHz
* 512GB Solid State Drive, 8GB DDR4 RAM, fingerprint sensor serves as a power button
* Backlit Keyboard; 2 x USB 3.0; Bluetooth 4.0; HDMI, Dolby Atmos Sound System
* Includes compact Mate Dock 2: USB-A port, USB-C port, HDMI port and VGA port; 1 year Office365 included.
Lenovo Ideapad 710S Plus Touchscreen
The Lenovo Ideapad 710S Plus is a thin and flexible ultrabook that weighs just 2.79lbs. For under 1000, you will be getting latest 7th generation kabylake processor from Intel, a full HD display and big 512GB SSD drive to ensure you never run out of space. Plus it comes with a touchscreen – something that is not found in most 13 inch ultrabooks and 13″ laptops. Its fast processor ensures seemless multitasking and improved user experience. This laptop’s backlit keyboard is one of the best out there and our laptop experts say that you can literally type novels on it.
* Intel Core i7-7500U 3.5 GHz processor
* 13.3-Inch full HD 1920×1080 Touch Screen
* 512GB solid state drive + 8GB RAM
* Windows 10 operating system, Fingerprint reader
Best ultrabook with 13 inch of 2018 is Asus ZenBook 3 UX390UA
If budget is not a problem, then Asus ZenBook 3 kills every single ultrabook out there – easily. It has the latest 7th-generation Kaby Lake i7 processor from Intel and whopping 512GB super fast SSD. With every single component crafted to perfection, this ultrabook with 13 inch screen offers incredible performance and stunning 9-hour battery life. Couple that with 16GB DDR4 RAM and breath-taking full HD display with IPS technology and you’ve something that is lighter, thinner, stronger, impossibly powerful.
* Crafted from premium aerospace-grade aluminum to create a body that is less than half an inch thin weighs only 2 lbs.
* Intel Core i7-7500U Processor 2.7 GHz (Turbo to 3.5 GHz) Cooled by copper-alloy heat pipe and liquid-crystal-polymer fan
* 12.5″ IPS-type full HD Display with 178° viewing angles encased in corning Gorilla glass 4. Ultra-slim bezel at only 7.6mm
* 16GB RAM, 512GB PCIe SSD, 802.11ac Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, 1x USB 3.1 Type C, 1.2MP webcam
* All-day 40WHr Li-Polymer battery providing up to 9 hours of battery life. Features Fast charging: charge to 60% in only 49 minutes
Acer Spin 5
This is one of the best 13 inch ultrabook out there. It has latest 8th-generation i5 processor which is paired with speedy 256GB SSD storage for blistering fast performance. It has full HD screen with multi-touch support for better user experience and windows 10 is very well optimized for touch-input. Thanks to its convertible design, you will love using it variety of positions.
* 13.3″ Full HD (1920 x 1080) Multi-touch widescreen LED-backlit IPS display
* 8th Generation Intel Core i5-8250U Processor (Up to 3.4GHz)
* 8GB DDR4 Memory, 256GB SSD, Windows 10 Home
* 3-cell Li-Ion (4810 mAh) Battery, Up to 13 Hours Battery Life
Dell Inspiron 13 5000
This is a latest Dell ultrabook with 13-inch screen packing i5 quad core ULV processor to ensure good balance between battery life and performance. The screen can rotated all the way to the back to be used as tablet and packs full HD resolution for best user experience. The screen is incredbily sharp and easy to read and at the same time, lets you enjoy crystal-clear images. For storage, you get 1000GB hard disk which is unheard at this price tag. RAM is DDR4 which is faster than DDR3 RAM found in most laptops and ultrabooks at this price range.
* 13.3″ full HD touchscreen screen with 1920×1080 resolution
* Intel Core i5-8250U Processor (Quad Core, 6MB Cache, up to 3.4 GHz)
* 8GB DDR4 RAM, 1000GB hard disk
* Up to 7.25-hours Battery Life, 4-cell Li-Ion (3220 mAh) Battery
Dell i5378-P154GRY is the cheapest ultrabook laptop with full HD display. Equipped with latest Intel Pentium processor, this affordable 13.3 inch ultrabook is all about portability and excellent everyday performance. It is the perfect companion for those who want to jump to the ultrabook bandwagon but do not want to spend a lot. The Dell i5378-P154GRY offers spacious 500GB hard disk and 4GB RAM in a package that weighs less than 3.5lbs.
* 13.3 inch full HD anti glare display with touchscreen panel
* Intel Pentium 4415U (up to 2.30 GHz) processor
* 4GB RAM + 500 GB HDD Hard Disk Drive
* Windows 10 (64bit) OS, 802.11AC, Bluetooth 4.0
Value for money 13 inch ultrabook Acer Aspire S13
Acer quality is top notch now and they are offering one of the most powerful and feature-rich 13 inch ultrabook, Acer S13 in the market. It features whopping 11 hour battery life runtime on single charge, and comes with 256GB SSD so all of the applications and data are just a second away. SSD helps loading everything in an instant. Its display has 13.3″ screen and features IPS technology that ensures super wide viewing angles. This is one of the few laptops with fingerprint scanner onboard.
* 13.3 inch full HD anti glare display
* Intel Core i7-7500U 3.5GHz kabylake processor
* 12GB RAM + 256 GB SSD Solid State Drive, Fingerprint reader
* Windows 10 (64bit) OS, 802.11AC, Bluetooth 4.0
HP Envy 13
This 13 inch ultrabook is quite frankly one of the most sleekest ultrabook out there. Packing 13 inch full HD display, it has touchscreen panel allowing user to directly interact with screen. It has thin, light design and feels amazing in hands.Wide viewing angles ensure you are able to get clear view irrespective of mode you use. Powering this ultrathin, light machine is latest 7th generation dual core i7 processor that not only gives you stunning performance but also 10 hour battery life. Pair that with metal chassis and breahtaking looks, and you are looking at the best 13 inch ultrabook of 2018.
* 13.3″ diagonal IPS micro-edge (1920 x 1080) multi touch-enabled display
* 8GB LPDDR3 SD-RAM, 256 GB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD
* 7th Generation Intel Core i7-7500U Dual-Core, 2.7GHz up to 3.5GHz Processor, up to 10 hours and 30 minutes Battery Life
Microsoft Surface Book2
The Microsoft Surface Book2 is how the software giant sees future of computing. This laptop is compact and still manages to pack in the highest possible specs in a portable computer. This ultrabook not only offers good looks and slim chassis but a lot of power too. It is like a Ferrari / Porsche of ultrabooks that will definitely turn a lot of heads. The Microsoft Surface Book has quad HD high resolution screen with 3000 x 2000 resolution and touchscreen panel that lets you interact with the display using your fingers. It opens apps within a second thanks to its fast 256GB SSD and 8GB memory.
* 7th generation Intel Dual Core i5 Processor, 256 GB of storage, 8 GB RAM, and up to 17 hours of video playback, Includes an Intel HD Graphics 620 integrated GPU
* Vibrant PixelSense Display: now available with an improved 13.5″ touchscreen
* Four versatile modes of use and new USB-C port
Acer Switch 10 Alpha
Another top detachable laptop that can transform into a windows 10 tablet but it has even beefier specs. Acer Switch 12 Alpha offers rock solid performance thanks to use of 256GB solid state drive and 8GB RAM. It promises incredible battery life thanks to its power-frugal ultra low voltage processor. It is very light and sturdy. It is one of those things that you can forget after putting into your bag. The overall performance of this machine is amazing. There are absolutely no lags when opening or closing applications.
* Intel Dual Core i7-6500U 2.5 GHz Processor
* 8 GB DDR3L SDRAM + 256 GB SSD Storage
* 12″ QHD (2160 x 1440 pixel resolution) 3:2 IPS Touchscreen, Windows 10 Operating System
That was the list of best ultrabooks with 13 inch display and they are great light weight and powerful laptops. If you are going to do something more resource intensive like editing music or something like DVD drive on ultrabook is important to you, then we still have got you covered. Let us know if the list of best 13 inch ultrabooks was useful to you.