Best Ultrabook with Backlit Keyboard in 2016 – cheapest ultrabook laptop with backlight keyboard
A lot of ultrabooks come with backlit keyboards in 2016 as they help the users type in dimly lit conditions. Plus an ultrabook laptop with backlit keyboard looks cool
We have a soft corner for ultrabooks with backlit keyboards. They are useful for those who are not perfect at touch-typing and for those who use a lot of key-combos. They also have a cool factor as even in non-dark areas, they grasp everyone’s attention. In all ultrabooks, the backlit can be turned off either by lowering its brightness or by using a toggle. Normally backlit keyboards are found in those ultrabooks which have chiclet keys. Also known as isolated keys, these ultrabook laptops’ keyboard are incredibly comfortable to type on. We will help you find cheapest laptops with backlit keyboard in 2016.
Best ultrabook laptop with backlit keyboard Asus ZenBook UX303UB
What if you want the thinnest, most-powerful ultrabook laptop available in the market with quad HD display and mighty Nvidia GTX 940M discrete GPU? Meet the Asus ZenBook UX303UB – packing all those aforementioned specs and more. It offers more than 6-hour battery life which is great since it drives that powerful i7 processor and quad HD display packing 3200×1800 resolution.
* Skylake sixth generation i7 6500u processor
* Ultrabook with backlit keyboard, 12GB RAM, 512GB SSD
* 13.3 inch quad HD+ display packing 3200×1800 resolution
Advantages of ultrabooks with backlit keyboards
Convenience – An ultrabook laptop with backlit keyboard lets you type in dim-lightening conditions. You might be good at typing but there are times when we have hard time looking for special characters or symbols. This is when having a laptop with backlit keyboard is incredibly useful.
Coolness factor – Some people just adore the glow emitted by the backlit keyboard. That is why you will find that a lot of premium laptops have backlit keyboard.
Better keyboard layout: This may be a coincidence but almost all ultrabook laptops with backlit keyboard have ergonomic keyboard layouts. This means that all keys are of right size and in right place. This ensures comfortable typing experience. You could type novels on these and still would not feel tired. All models are 15 inch ultrabooks except for the Apple Macbook Air that comes with 13 inch display. If backlit keyboard is not important to you, then you can save some money and still get an ultrabook under 500 / 300 dollars. This is because backlit tech is complex and raises cost of an ultrabook by few hundred dollars.
List of best ultrabooks with backlit keyboard
Best ultrabook with backlit keyboard is Dell i5568-4492GRY
This is a 2-in-1 laptop with 15.6-inch screen with touchscreen panel. It has power-frugal Core-i5 processor which paired with 256GB SSD and 8GB DDR4 RAM delivers amazing performance. Everything is instant on it. The screen packs full HD display and has Intel Real Sense technology letting you interact with computer using gestures. Its backlit keyboard has roomy feel and has extremely comfortable keys for best typing experience. You can use it in variety of positions – laptop, presentation, tablet and tent modes.
* 6th Generation Intel Core i5-6200U Processor
* 15.6″ full HD touchscreen display with IPS tech
* 8GB Dual Channel DDR4 RAM, 256GB SSD
* Backlit keyboard, 3-cell battery with 42Whr capacity
Asus ZenBook 3 UX390UA
Asus Zenbook 3 is easily the best laptop with illuminated keyboard out there. It has the latest specifications packing latest i7 kaby lake processor, 8GB DDR4 RAM and 256GB SSD. Thanks to its power-sipping CPU, you will be able to enjoy all day battery life of 9-hours to last you throughout the day. It has fast-charge technology that charges it from 0->60% in mere 50-minutes. It weighs mere 2-lbs and less than half inch-thin but is brimming with exclusive features like fingerprint sensor, windows hello, Harman Kardon speakers, amplifier and backlit keyboard.
* Intel Core i5-7200U 2.5 GHz Processor
* 12.5” IPS-Type Full HD display with 178° viewing angles encased in Corning Gorilla Glass 4
* 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD
* Built-in fingerprint sensor for enhanced security and one-touch login using Windows Hello feature
* All-day 40Whr Li-Polymer battery providing up to 9 hours of battery life
Acer V15 Nitro
Acer Aspire V15 Nitro Black Edition looks and feels like a sports car, packing a very powerful Core i7 processor and red backlight keyboard. You get two storage drives in it – 1TB hard disk and 16GB DDR4 RAM for lightning quick application and game load times. Nvidia GeForce GTX 960M with 4 GB of dedicated GDDR5 VRAM provides unmatched graphics performance. It has massive 15-inch screen with full HD resolution making it ideal for productivity, gaming and multimedia needs.
* Intel Core i7-6700HQ 2.6 GHz (6MB Cache)
* 16GB DDR4 Dual-Channel Memory
* 1TB 5400RPM Hard Drive
* 15.6-inch Full HD Screen, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M with 4GB GDDR5 VRAM
* Windows 10 Home, Up to 6-hour battery life
Best laptop with backlit keyboard is Dell XPS9360-4841SLV
If money is not an issue, you should definitely check out the Dell XPS9350 which is the most maxed out ultrabook with backlit keyboard ever made. You get top-of-the-line Intel Core i7 processor, 8GB RAM, spacious super fast solid state drive (that launches apps in 1 second), quad HD 4k touchscreen display and what not. This Dell ultrabook is the most compact 13 inch ultrabook packing near borderless Infinity Edge display
* 13.3 Inch QHD+ (3200×1800 pixels) quad HD touchscreen display
* Intel Core i7-7500U 3.5 GHz Processor
* 8GB RAM Memory, 256 GB SSD Storage, backlit keyboard
* Intel HD 520 Graphics, Integrated 720p HD Webcam with Array Mic
Acer Aspire S13
Acer Aspire S13 offers incredibly thin yet durable design without compromising on the feature front. It is nearly half-inch thin and weighs mere 2.4 pounds. You get an ultrabook with backlit keyboard and zippy processor with 9-11 hour battery life. Backlit feature has two stages – first one just turns it on just enough to aid you to type comfortably in dim-room. Second stage turns it to full luminescence. The screen packs full HD resolution with IPS technology for best multimedia and productivity. It even has a feature called Bluelight Shield that reduces blue-light emissions from screen to help reduce eye-strain.
* 13.3″ LED-Backlit Glossy Display 1920×1080 full HD Native Resolution
* Intel Core i5-6200U Processor, Intel HD graphics
* 256GB SSD, 8GB DDR3 RAM, 11-hours Battery Life
Acer Aspire E15
This Acer laptop packs Nvidia GeForce 940MX discrete graphics which can handle any heavy duty graphics-related application or game out there with ease. Its 15.6″ display is full HD and it runs 6th Generation Intel Core i5-6200U processor so everything about this laptop is latest and greatest. It delivers splendid GPU and CPU performance. Couple that with really fast 256GB SSD and 8GB DDR4 RAM, there is nothing that can beat this laptop at this price range.
* Intel Core i5-6200U Processor 2.3GHz with Turbo Boost Technology up to 2.8GHz
* NVIDIA GeForce 940MX with 2GB of dedicated DDR5 VRAM
* 15.6-inch Full HD Widescreen ComfyView LED-backlit Display (1920 x 1080 resolution; 16:9 aspect ratio)
* 8GB DDR4 Dual Channel Memory + 256GB SSD
* 802.11b/g/n Wireless, Bluetooth 4.0, Waves MaxxAudio team up to enhance the multimedia experience with crisp visuals and impressive soundstage
Dell Inspiron 15 i5557
This Dell Kaby lake laptop has given it excellent built quality and comes with 7th generation processor from Intel which is latest right now. This is one of the best ultrabook with backlit keyboard but what makes things even better is its 8GB RAM and big 1000GB hard disk. It is a game changer engineered to help you conquer even your most ambitious challenges.
* 15.6-inch diagonal HD true life display packing 1366×768 pixels
* Intel Core i5-7200U 7th generation processor clocked at 3.1GHz
* 8GB DDR4 SDRAM Memory
* 1TB (1000GB) hard disk drive, DVD drive, Windows 10 Home
Acer Aspire R14
Powered by power-frugal Core i5 6200u processor, this Acer ultrabook is a 2-in-1 convertible laptop can be used in four different positions, tent, laptop, tablet and stand but our favorite feature is its full HD display packing 1920 x 1080 pixel resolution. It yields upto nine-hour battery life on single charge so you won’t have to lug around that charger with you everywhere you go.
* Intel Core i5-6200U Processor 2.3GHz (Up to 2.8GHz), Intel HD Graphics 520
* 14″ Full HD 1920×1080 touchscreen display
* 8GB DDR3L-1600 RAM, 256GB SSD, 9-hour battery life
Best all-around laptop with backlit keyboard is Dell Inspiron i7559-2512BLK
This is a serious laptop built to last many years to come. Powered by full-voltage processor to get some real work done, the Dell Inspiron i7559 features hybrid storage system and high-end Nvidia laptop GPU for out-of-this world performance. Capable of playing just about any game, it has cool backlit keyboard with dedicated numpad to ensure you never miss a stroke. The GPU is so strong that it makes things like video editing and graphic editing a piece of cake.
* Intel Core i7-6700HQ quad core processor clocked at 2.6GHz
* 8GB DDR3L SDRAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 960M GPU with 4GB GDDR5 memory
* 15.6-inch diagonal HD LED-backlit FHD display (1920×1080)
* 1TB hard drive + 8GB SSD hybrid storage system
* Full-size backlit keyboard with numeric keypad with precision touchpad, matte black chassis
Acer V15 V3-574T
Acer V15 is one of the best laptops with backlit keyboard you can buy for under 500 dollars. It has touchscreen as well and a very roomy keyboard with dedicated numberpad. It has ample memory and processing power for your daily needs. It is cheap and gets the work done.
* 15.6 in LED touchscreen (1366 x 768), 10-finger multi-touch support
* Intel Core i5-5200U 2.20 GHz with Turbo Boost Technology up to 2.70 GHz
* 6GB DDR3L 1600 MHz + 500GB 5400 RPM HDD
* Intel HD Graphics 5500 with shared graphics memory
Dell i5548 is a capable ultrabook laptop with backlit keyboard. It features whopping 1TB hard disk, 8GB RAM and runs latest version of Windows. It does not burns a hole in the pocket and is made to get the job done.
* Intel Core i5-5200U processor
* 15.6 in HD LED-backlit touchscreen with TrueLife tech
* 1TB 5400 RPM SATA Hard Drive + 8GB DDR3L 1600 MHz Memory
* Backlit keyboard; Wireless: 802.11ac/a/b/g/n (Miracast enabled), 3x USB ports, HDMI
* Windows 10, the latest operating system
Top backlit keyboard laptop is Asus ZenBook UX305UA
This is lighter, slimmer and faster than most of the ultrabooks and laptops in its class. It looks and combines powerful performance with sophisticated design. The lid has laser-edged, concentric circle pattern that is inspired by a circular clock. The Zenbook is well under 3-pounds and is less than half-an-inch thin so it is easier than ever to slip it in and out of laptop bags and cases. The main reason why Asus was able to achieve this by making use of chromium copper alloy coils for advanced cooling and of course, ULV i7 processor and super thin SSD for storage. The keyboard is super ergonomic with 1.5mm key travel to let you type comfortable for hours. The 13-inch screen packs IPS technology for 178-degrees wide view angles and anti-glare coating to prevent glare from distracting you.
* 13.3 inch full HD anti-glare display with IPS tech for wide viewing angles
* Intel Core i5-6200U 2.3GHz processor
* 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, 10-hour battery life
Toshiba Satellite Fusion L55W
This 2 in 1 ultrabook laptop packs touchscreen, backlit keyboard and latest features like four modes. Toshiba Satellite Fusion is amazingly fast, chiefly due to its speedy SSD and latest processor. This is one of the best ultrabook with backlit keyboard.
* 15.6″ full HD touchscreen, Mobile Intel HD graphics
* 2-IN-1 laptop :Easily change between four modes – Laptop, Stand, Tablet, and Tent
* Intel Core i3-5015U 2.1 GHz
* 6 GB ; 128 GB SSD
* Windows 10 Home; 14.9″ x 9.6″ x 0.9″, 5.1 lbs; HDMI with 4K Ultra HD output capability; Backlit Keyboard ultrabook
Dell Inspiron 5000
The Dell Inspiron 5000 offers exceptional performance thanks to the latest sixth generation i5 processor, touchscreen full HD display, RealSense 3D webcam and whopping 1000GB hard disk. Couple all that with 8GB RAM, DVD drive and backlit keyboard and you have one of the best ultrabook laptop with backlit keyboard out there.
* 15.6 in Full HD LED-backlit touchscreen with Truelife (1920 x 1080), 10-finger multi-touch support
* 6th Generation Intel Core i5-6200U Dual-Core Processor
* DVD +/- RW, SD card reader, Waves MaxxAudio Pro, Intel RealSense 3D camera, Backlit keyboard
* 8GB DDR3L 1600 MHz, 1TB 5400 RPM HDD
* Windows 10 Home, 64-bit
Acer F15 – High Performance Premium 15.6″ HD Touchscreen Laptop
This Acer ultrabook costs very little but is high on performance and features. This cheap touchscreen laptop packs backlit keyboard and multi-touch functionality that is similar to one found in tablets.
* Intel Core i5-4210U 1.70 GHz with Turbo Boost Technology up to 2.70 GHz
* 15.6 in HD LCD touchscreen (1366 x 768), 10-finger multi-touch support
* 8GB DDR3L 1600 MHz; 1TB 5400 RPM HDD ; DVD SuperMulti double layer with M-Disc support
* Backlit keyboard; Bluetooth; Webcam; WiFi; HDMI
* Windows 10 Home, 64-bit operating system
Dell Inspiron 7000
Dell Inspiron 7000 is an ultrabook hybrid laptop and is best convertible laptop offering value for money. This backlit-keyboard ultrabook is one of those laptops that gives you premium features for under $1000 price tag, like i7 processor, touchscreen 2 in 1 convertible style display, 256GB SSD and 8GB RAM. It will give you upto six hours of runtime.
* 13.3-inch FHD (1920 x 1080) Truelife LED-Backlit Touch Display with Wide Viewing Angle, 10-finger multi-touch support
* Intel Core i7-6500U processor with 4M cache 2.50GHz with Turbo Boost
* Full size spill-resistant backlit keyboard, Built inPassive Stylus
* 8GB DDR3L 1600 MHz RAM, 256GB SSD
ASUS ZenBook UX303UA
ASUS ZenBook UX303UA is arguably the most good looking ultrabook laptop out there. It does not disappoint in the performance department either packing full HD IPS display, super fast SSD drive for instant app launch times and powerful processor.
* 15.6 in LED touchscreen (1366 x 768), 10-finger multi-touch support
* Intel Core i3-5005U with 6GB RAM, Intel HD Graphics 5500
* 1TB (1000GB) hard disk with DVD writer
* Backlit keyboard; 3-in-1 card reader (SD/SDHC/SDXC); Dolby Home Theater, 7 hour battery life