Top cheap AutoCAD laptop 2020 – Top Solidwork laptops 2020 – best CAD and 3D modelling laptop specs
Laptop for CAD engineer 2020
A laptop for handling AutoCAD and Solidworks should pack powerful processor, lots of RAM and fast storage. Find out ideal Auto CAD laptop specs. These are great for laptops with 3D modelling.
AutoCAD engineers require powerful computers and we will help you find powerful and best Autocad laptops. These days portability is the key and if you are an AutoCAD laptop user, you might be wondering if ultrabooks are good enough for handling the heavy processing required for the software you use on a daily basis. The answer is both yes and no. Same goes for laptop or ultrabook for Solidworks, SAP or Matlab. If you are going to buy the cheapest ultrabook under 500 dollars then the answer is no as they do not pack enough power to give the user a smooth and jitter free experience. That said buying the most expensive will still not do the job. A good laptop for AutoCAD and 3D modelling laptop should have the following ingredients.
Look for these when choosing an ultrabook laptop for AutoCAD, Solidworks, Matlab and SAP
1. Performance: It is wise to get one with at least Core i5 or i7 processor and that too of latest generation. If you are buying a an i5 ultrabook of previous generation then we suggest not buying it as it will not give you the power you need for your CAD applications. It is also suggested to get laptop with discrete graphics if possibly from Nvidia because right now, they offer unparalleled GPU performance.
2. Storage: Simply buying one with 1TB hard disk would not do you any good. You ought to get an ultrabook with SSD if you wan brisk performance. You would not want to wait for minutes for retrieving large files. Hybrid storage is also getting a lot of traction these days as a lot of manufactures have started equipping their ultrabooks and laptops with hybrid drives that pack both hard disk and solid state drives. The SSD are used for storing the operating system and program files while the hard disk is used for storing media files.
3. Memory: Get one with at least 8GB RAM or it should be user upgradeable if RAM is 4GB. Having lots of memory at disposable prevents the system from doing paging that slows down the computer considerably.
4. Battery life: Make sure your ultrabook has good battery life as there is no point of buying a portable machine with poor battery life.
5. Display: You are going to be spending quite a lot of time in front of your laptop’s display so do not choose a 11″ ultrabook and always try to get a nice, big 15″ ultrabook laptop.
Best laptop for AutoCAD, Solidworks 2020
Prostar NH77DDW is best laptop for AutoCAD, Maya and 3D modelling. one amazing powerhouse packing 10 generation i7 processor, Nvidia RTX 2060 desktop-grade dedicated graphics for excellent CAD and gaming performance and super fast 1000GB NVMe SSD.
Prostar NH77DDW has full HD 17-inch display packed into frame of 15″ laptop. The keyboard is excellent for typing and boasts backlit feature as well. Remember that when buying an ultrabook for auto CAD, if you are getting i7 CPU, a dedicated GPU and SSD in a laptop, then you should definitely consider buying it.
17.3 Inches Full HD (1920×1080) 144Hz WVA, Matte Display
High Performance Processor: Intel Core i7-10875H Processor 2.30 GHz, 8 Core, 16MB Smart Cache
Powerful Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 with 6GB GDDR6
Memory and Storage: 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz, 1TB NVMe Solid State Drive
Additional Features: 16GB USB Recovery Flash Drive, No Bloatware, Intel Dual Band Wireless Wi-Fi 6 AX201 + BT, Windows 10 Home, 1 Year Warranty
Sager NP6858CQ packs 15.6″ panel, full HD panel, i7 full-voltage quad core processor and Nvidia GTX 1660Ti dedicated GPU. The keyboard is backlit and full size that gives you comfortable typing and navigation experience. You simply cannot go wrong with Sager NP6858CQ laptop.
The 1660Ti GPU handles AutoCAD and other 3D modeling applications like a champ. Sager NP6858CQ screen has refresh rate of 144Hz which makes everything appear much smoother. There is 16GB RAM and 500GB NVMe SSD for storage.
Display: 15.6” Thin Bezel Full HD 144Hz, Wide View Angle (1920x 1080) Matte Display
Processor: 10th Gen Intel Core i7-10750H 6-Core Processor | Operating System: Windows 10 Home
Graphic Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660Ti 6GB GDDR6
Ram: 16GB DDR4 2933MHz | Storage: 500GB PCIe NVMe SSD
Single Zone Multi-Color illuminated keyboard, Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX201 Wireless LAN + Bluetooth
HP Pavilion 16-a0020nr
HP Pavilion 16-a0020nr is feature-rich laptop for AutoCAD, solidworks and gaming. Powering it is a quad core, standard voltage i5 10th generation processor and Nvidia GTX 1650 GPU. For storage, there is blazingly fast 512GB PCIe NVMe SSD that is enormous by SSD standards. There is 8GB RAM for smooth computing experience. Any CAD laptop is not complete without a great keyboard and HP has equipped it with one of the best keyboards. And as expected from a premium laptop, it has backlit too so you can type in dark easily.
16.1-inch diagonal 1080p IPS with 60Hz refresh rate
Intel Core i5-10300H, 4-Core, 2.5 GHz base frequency, up to 4.5 GHz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 Ti (4 GB GDDR6)
8 GB DDR4 (2 x 4 GB), 2 accessible slots
512 GB PCIe NVMe M.2 solid-state drive
Asus TUF FA506IH-AS53
While Asus TUF FA506IH-AS53 is made for gamers, it has all the ingredients that makes it an ideal CAD laptop as well. You get a full HD display, a dedicated Nvidia GTX 1650 graphics card, a quad core AMD Ryzen 5 processor, 8GB DDR4 RAM and fast 512GB PCIe solid state storage with it.
It has a nice, full size keyboard which makes it an nice desktop replacement laptop too. Asus TUF FA506IH-AS53 is one of the best laptops for AutoCAD, Solidworks, Matlab etc. It has beautifully laid out colorful backlit keyboard and multitouch trackpad, making it ideal for your daily work.
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 4GB GDDR6 Graphics (Base: 1380MHz, Boost: 1515MHz, TDP: 50W)
AMD Ryzen 5 4600H Processor (up to 4.0 GHz)
15.6” 144Hz FHD (1920×1080) IPS-Type display
512GB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD | 8GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM | Windows 10 Home
Durable MIL-STD-810H military standard construction
Dual fans with self-cleaning anti-dust technology to extend system longevity
RGB Backlit keyboard rated for 20-million keystroke durability
Still confused? It is worth noting that going for a cheap gaming laptop under 500 would not be a bad choice for the AutoCAD users as CAD applications requires powerful processor and GPU – both of which are present in these gaming laptops.