Best detachable laptop of 2017 USA: Top 2 in 1 convertible ultrabooks of 2017
Windows 10 2 in 1 laptop aka detachable laptop is better than iPad and Android tablet because of legacy app and hardware support
Some of the best detachable laptops of 2017 are actually best sellers right now. Learn why it is intelligent to invest in a cheap 2 in 1 detachable laptop with windows 10 rather than getting an android or iPad tablet. Windows 10 tablets are very popular right now as they are so much more capable than the iPad and Android tablets. Android and iPad are glorified version of the mobile OS and they lack many features and expandability that one gets from a much powerful best detachable laptop. In 2 in 1 convertible ultrabooks or a detachable laptop, as some people say, you can take the display out of the dock and use it as standalone windows tablet. There are many cheap convertible ultrabooks out there, such as the ones mentioned below.
Best detachable laptop of 2017: Why buy one?
1) One of the main advantage in getting detachable laptop that doubles as Windows 10 tablet is ability to run any windows app out there. This means you can run Adobe Photoshop, Corel Draw and even Visual Studio which are not even available for iOS and Android platform.
2) Another big plus in getting the best detachable laptop instead of iPad or android tablet is ability to connect peripherals like printers, scanners and USB flash drives. You do not need to depend on your tablet manufacture to wait for the drivers. You can use the same software that is available for the desktop on your Windows 10 detachable laptop so they double as cheap windows laptops.
2) A detachable laptop gives you a windows 10 tablet and it has a very user and touch screen friendly. Applications downloaded from Windows Store are very touch screen friendly and if you run legacy apps, you can easily attach a keyboard and mouse to use them like desktop. Many Windows 10 detachable laptops come with docks that convert even the cheapest windows 10 detachable laptop into laptop or cheap ultrabook replacements by adding full size USB ports, HDMI and of course, a proper hardware keyboard.
Difference between detachable laptop and convertible
Detachable laptops let you detach the screen. The screen and keyboard are two separate units. The screen functions independently and you would not need keyboard dock to use it.
In case of convertible ultrabooks, you cannot detach the screen to use tablet but instead you fold it all the way to the back. There are two more positions that convertible ultrabooks being to table which are stand and tent modes. Some of the new detachable laptops also let you use them in those modes.
There are advantages and disadvantages. In detachable laptops, you can leave the keyboard at home or office and travel light. But this can be a disadvantage too in case you have to type in a long document or work on a spreadsheet. The keyboard dock also acts as stand.
While in case of convertible ultrabook, you always have the keyboard with you and it is also not possible to loose it. On the other side, the weight of convertible ultrabook remains the same even if you are in mood to do some light web browsing. This can be advantageous if you are watching youtube or media content on it as keyboard will act as stand.
Best detachable laptops of 2017 are mentioned below.
HP Spectre X2 12-a010nr
This is the sleekest and latest 2 in 1 detachable laptop of 2017. Packing latest, top-of-line Intel Core m7 processor, it comes with IPS full HD display that offers super wide viewing angles. Combine that with 8GB of DDR3 RAM and 128GB SSD and you have one of the most powerful and best detachable laptop of 2017.
* 12″ diagonal wuxga+ IPS wled-backlit IPS touchscreen Display (1920×1280)
* Intel Core M7-6y75, dual-core Processor (1.2 GHz up to 3.1 GHz)
* 8GB LPDDR3 SDRAM Memory
* 128GB Solid-State Drive
Microsoft Surface Book )
Microsoft Surface Book is the ultimate detachable laptop of 2017. It has all the power you need to run professional-grade software for CAD, engineering, design, solidworks and more. When doing lite-work, you will be able to get around 12-hour battery life. The screen of Surface Book is incredibly sensitive and so is the surface pen which packs 1024 levels of pressure sensitivity that mimics a real-world pencil. It is less than an inch thin and weighs mere 3.3-pounds making it super easy to carry around.
* 13.5-inch PixelSense touchscreen display (3000 x 2000) resolution
* 6th Gen Intel Core i5 processor, 256 GB of storage, 8GB RAM, and up to 12 hours of video playback
* Incredibly mobile at 3.34-pounds
* Surface Pen included
HP x2 detachable
HP x2 is a serious computing machine with 2 in 1 detachable laptop design. It has 10″ screen and features flash storage for quick response times. Its quad core Intel processor is good enough for your daily computing tasks. It has around 10-hour battery life.
| 10.1-inch touchscreen display with 1280×800 pixels
| Intel Atom X5-Z8350, 2GB RAM, 32GB eMMC with Windows 10
Acer Switch Alpha 12
There are few detachable laptops that are powered by the mighty i5 processor and this new Acer is one of them. It offers incredibly eight hour long battery life and lots fast SSD storage and RAM. The screen packs quad HD resolution which is four times HD so you see much more content at a time when compared to a conventional laptop with mere HD screen. This is the laptop that can get some real work done. A top-class best laptop with detachable display.
* 12″ QHD (2160 x 1440) screen
* 8 GB RAM + 256 GB SSD
* Windows 10 Home OS, 8 Hour Battery Run Time
* Intel Core i5-6200U Dual-core 2.30 GHz processor
Asus has been making detachable laptops from quite some time and its T102 is the best seller. It has stellar 11-hour battery life, rock solid build quality and runs windows 10 like a champ.
* 2-in-1 detachable laptop with a 10″ IPS WXGA (1280×800) resolution display
* 4GB memory, 128GB SSD
* Intel Quad-Core x5-Z8350 Processor
* Comfortable keyboard dock with multi-touch touchpad and USB 3.0 Type C for productivity on-the-go
* Ultra-portable with 0.6-inch thin and only 1.7-lbs weight
Lenovo Miix 510
Lenovo Miix 510 is a beautiful, functional detachable laptop. It offers strong performance with its i3 processor, 4GB RAM and 128GB SSD. It offers one-piece aluminum design that turns heads. Its full HD touchscreen shows more content at a time and makes your more productive. You can rely on this convertible ultrabook to power you through any situation.
| 12.2″ laptop with 2-in-1 functionality
| Intel Core i3 processor, 4GB DDR4 RAM, 128 GB SSD
Acer Aspire Switch 10
Acer detachable laptop has stunning 12 hour battery life and screen look pretty darn amazing in person. It is an amazing everyday laptop and can get real work done.
* 10.1-Inch HD touchscreen, Intel HD Graphics
* Intel Atom Z3735F 1.33 GHz (2 MB Cache) processor
* 2GB of memory
* 32GB Internal Storage
* Windows 10, Up to 12-hour battery life
Huawei MateBook is a modern laptop with fingerprint security on its side that lets you unlock this detachable laptop with a single touch. It runs on six generation Intel Core M3 processor that is extremely powerful – almost as powerful as $1000 ultrabooks and can run any heavy application with ease. Its 12″ screen packs whopping 2k resolution and has incredibly wide viewing angles with accurate color output.
* 12″ IPS display with 2160×1440 resolution with 160 degree wide viewing angle
* 4GB RAM, 128GB SSD
* Windows 10 home operating system
* 6th Generation Intel Core m3 processor
Dragon Touch i10X
Dragon Touch i10X features a beautiful 10.1 inch display with excellent viewing angles. It packs enough power for your daily computing tasks and does not cost a bomb like other detachable laptops.
* 10.1-inch IPS Screen 1280×800 HD
* Powered by Intel BayTrail Quad Core CPU
* 2GB Memory + 64GB Storage, 7900 mAh battery enables up to 8 hours video play
Best convertible ultrabook is HP Spectre x360 )
HP Spectre x360 is backed by excellent customer support, great build quality and very powerful hardware. Priced very aggressively, this HP convertible ultrabook offers 2-in-1 functionality by packing touchscreen display that can be rotated all the way to the back making it an powerful windows 10 slate tablet. It has ample storage, memory and full-size ports making it the best convertible ultrabook of 2017.
| 13.3″ Tablet Convertible FHD touchscreen
| Intel i7-7500U 7th generation processor, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD, Bang & Olufsen speakers, backlit keyboard
Dell Inspiron i3179-0000GRY
This is a serious 2 in 1 convertible laptop for people who like to own latest technology. Powered by the latest Intel Kabylake 7th-generation processor, this Dell 2-in-1 is for those who prefer speed, reliability of Dell and appreciate build quality over cheap windows 10 laptops. The Dell Inspiron i3179 comes with latest i3 processor and spacious 500GB hard disk to let you store your heart’s content.
* 7th generation Intel Core m3-7y30 2.6 GHz Processor
* 4GB RAM + 500GB HDD, Micro SD Card Reader and USB 3.0
* 11.6″ touchscreen HD display, Windows 10 Home (64-bit) English
Lenovo Flex 3
Lenovo Flex 3 is a rock solid laptop with 2 in 1 capabilities. Priced very aggressively, this Lenovo laptop offers 11″ display that has touchscreen built in and offers 360 degree design that lets you use it as stand alone tablet. It comes pre loaded with windows 10 which is the latest Microsoft operating system.
* 11.6″ 10-Point multitouch screen
* Intel Celeron processor N3060
* 2GB Memory, 64GB SSD, WiFi-b, Bluetooth, HD Webcam, HDMI
Toshiba Satellite Fusion 15
Toshiba Satellite Fusion 15 is great for those who want a conventional laptop that can be used as gigantic tablet when required. It makes it the perfect presentation tool or for sharing pictures and videos with family and friends.
* 15.6-Inch Touchscreen, Mobile Intel HD graphics, Full HD panel
* Intel Core i7-6500U Processor
* 256GB solid state drive, 8GB RAM, backlit keyboard Windows 10, up to 8 hours battery life
Asus Chromebook C201PA
If all work you do is on the web and are plugged heavily into Google services, consider getting the Asus Chromebook. It comes with a powerful quad core processor, 4GB RAM and is cheapest convertible ultrabook. It delivers strong performance and long battery life.
* 11.6 inches 1366*768 pixels LED-lit Screen
* Rockchip quad core 1.8 GHz Processor
* 4 GB DDR3 RAM + 16GB Solid State Storage
* Chromium Operating System
Dell Inspiron 11
Dell Inspiron 11 is colorful and built like a tank. This 11-inch ultrabook is optimized for windows 10 and delivers stellar performance and battery life. It is an amazing convertible ultrabook for getting daily tasks done.
* 11.6 in HD LED-backlit touchscreen (1366 x 768), 10-finger multi-touch support
* Intel Celeron N3060 1.60 with Intel Burst Technology up to 2.48 GHz
* 4GB Memory, 32GB eMMC flash storage, expandable via SD card slot
ASUS Transformer Flip
ASUS Transformer Flip is priced very attractively and packs more than enough power for daily tasks. Fold the keyboard back and you have a nice 2 in 1 laptop.
* Convertible 2-in-1 laptop with four viewing modes: tablet, tent, stand, and laptop
* 11.6″ IPS HD 178-degree wide viewing angles with touchscreen display
* Intel N3050 1.6GHz (Turbo up to 2.16GHz)
Touchscreen, smooth multitasking with 4GB memory, 32GB SSD + 32GB * Windows 10 pre-installed
* Equipped with Wi-Fi 802.11ac
HP Pavilion 13-s120nr
HP Pavilion 13-s120nr is a convertible 2 in 1 laptop packing top-of-the-line i3 processor, 4GB RAM and 128GB solid state drive. If you are looking for an affordable ultrabook convertible, get this one.
* Intel Core i5-6200U Processor 2.3 GHz
* 8 GB SDRAM + 128GB SSD
* Windows 10
* 13.3-Inch 1920×1080 FHD pixel LED-lit Touch Screen
If you do a lot of text input, then we suggest getting a laptop with touchscreen instead. In such laptops, you cannot remove the screen part but since it is touchscreen, you can do all sorts of gestures on it.