Top 2 in 1 convertible laptops of 2016 – Best detachable laptop of 2016 USA
Windows 10 2 in 1 laptop aka detachable laptop is better than iPad and Android tablet because of legacy app and hardware support
Some of the best detachable laptops of 2016 are actually best sellers right now. Learn why it is intelligent to invest in a cheap 2 in 1 detachable laptop with windows 10 rather than getting an android or iPad tablet. Windows 10 tablets are very popular right now as they are so much more capable than the iPad and Android tablets. Android and iPad are glorified version of the mobile OS and they lack many features and expandability that one gets from a much powerful best detachable laptop. In 2 in 1 convertible laptops or a detachable laptop, as some people say, you can take the display out of the dock and use it as standalone windows tablet. There are many cheap convertible laptops out there, such as the ones mentioned below.
Best detachable laptop of 2016: Why buy one?
1) One of the main advantage in getting detachable laptop that doubles as Windows 10 tablet is ability to run any windows app out there. This means you can run Adobe Photoshop, Corel Draw and even Visual Studio which are not even available for iOS and Android platform.
2) Another big plus in getting the best detachable laptop instead of iPad or android tablet is ability to connect peripherals like printers, scanners and USB flash drives. You do not need to depend on your tablet manufacture to wait for the drivers. You can use the same software that is available for the desktop on your Windows 10 detachable laptop so they double as cheap windows laptops.
2) A detachable laptop gives you a windows 10 tablet and it has a very user and touch screen friendly. Applications downloaded from Windows Store are very touch screen friendly and if you run legacy apps, you can easily attach a keyboard and mouse to use them like desktop. Many Windows 10 detachable laptops come with docks that convert even the cheapest windows 10 detachable laptop into laptop or cheap ultrabook replacements by adding full size USB ports, HDMI and of course, a proper hardware keyboard.
Difference between detachable laptop and convertible
Detachable laptops let you detach the screen. The screen and keyboard are two separate units. The screen functions independently and you would not need keyboard dock to use it.
In case of convertible laptops, you cannot detach the screen to use tablet but instead you fold it all the way to the back. There are two more positions that convertible laptops being to table which are stand and tent modes. Some of the new detachable laptops also let you use them in those modes.
There are advantages and disadvantages. In detachable laptops, you can leave the keyboard at home or office and travel light. But this can be a disadvantage too in case you have to type in a long document or work on a spreadsheet. The keyboard dock also acts as stand.
While in case of convertible laptop, you always have the keyboard with you and it is also not possible to loose it. On the other side, the weight of convertible laptop remains the same even if you are in mood to do some light web browsing. This can be advantageous if you are watching youtube or media content on it as keyboard will act as stand.
Best detachable laptop of 2016 HP Spectre X2 12-a008nr
This is the sleekest and latest 2 in 1 detachable laptop of 2016. Packing latest Intel Core m3 processor, it comes with IPS full HD display that offers super wide viewing angles. All that combined with 4GB of DDR3 RAM and 128GB SSD gives you the best 2 in 1 laptop on sale right now.
* 12″ diagonal wuxga+ IPS wled-backlit IPS touchscreen Display (1920×1280)
* Intel Core m3-6y30, 0.9GHz, dual-core Processor
* 4GB LPDDR3 SDRAM Memory
* 128GB Solid-State Drive
Acer Aspire Switch 10
Acer detachable laptop has stunning 12 hour battery life and screen look pretty darn amazing in person. It is an amazing everyday laptop and can get real work done.
* 10.1-Inch HD touchscreen, Intel HD Graphics
* Intel Atom Z3735F 1.33 GHz (2 MB Cache) processor
* 2GB of memory
* 32GB Internal Storage
* Windows 10, Up to 12-hour battery life
ASUS T100 2 in 1 10.1 Inch Laptop with free Microsoft Office
Asus has been making detachable laptops from quite some time and its T100 is the best seller. It has stellar battery life, rock solid build quality and runs windows 10 like a champ.
* 2-in-1 detachable laptop with a 10″ IPS WXGA (1280×800) resolution display
* Smooth multitasking with 4GB memory, 64GB SSD
* Intel Quad-Core Cherry Trail x5-Z8500 1.44GHz (Turbo up to 2.24GHz) processor, integrated graphics
* Comfortable keyboard dock with multi-touch touchpad and USB 3.0 Type C for productivity on-the-go
* Ultra-portable with 0.72-inch thin and only 2.28lbs weight
Best convertible laptop is Dell Inspiron i3179-0000GRY
This is a serious 2 in 1 convertible laptop for people who like to own latest technology. Powered by the latest Intel Kabylake 7th-generation processor, this Dell 2-in-1 is for those who prefer speed, reliability of Dell and appreciate build quality over cheap windows 10 laptops. The Dell Inspiron i3179 comes with latest i3 processor and spacious 500GB hard disk to let you store your heart’s content.
* 7th generation Intel Core m3-7y30 2.6 GHz Processor
* 4GB RAM + 500GB HDD, Micro SD Card Reader and USB 3.0
* 11.6″ touchscreen HD display, Windows 10 Home (64-bit) English
HP Pavilion x2
HP Pavilion x2 is a serious computing machine with 2 in 1 detachable laptop design. It has 12″ screen and features 128GB SSD and latest Intel Core M processor for great computing experience. This is the best detachable laptop around 500 to do real work on the go.
* Intel Core M 6th generation processor
* 4 GB SDRAM + 128 GB Solid-State Drive
* 12-Inch Screen
* Windows 10 operating system
Lenovo Flex 3
Lenovo Flex 3 is a rock solid laptop with 2 in 1 capabilities. Priced very aggressively, this Lenovo laptop offers 11″ display that has touchscreen built in and offers 360 degree design that lets you use it as stand alone tablet. It comes pre loaded with windows 10 which is the latest Microsoft operating system.
* 11.6″ 10-Point multitouch screen
* Intel Celeron processor N3050
* 4GB Memory, 500GB Hard Drive
ASUS Chromebook Flip
If all work you do is on the web and are plugged heavily into Google services, consider getting the Asus Chromebook Flip. It comes with a powerful quad core processor, 4GB RAM and is cheapest convertible of 2016.
* 10.1 inches 1280*800 pixels LED-lit touchscreen
* Rockchip quad core 1.8 GHz Processor
* 4 GB DDR3 RAM + 16GB Solid State Storage
* Chromium Operating System
Huawei MateBook is a modern laptop with fingerprint security on its side that lets you unlock this detachable laptop with a single touch. It runs on six generation Intel Core M3 processor that is extremely powerful – almost as powerful as $1000 ultrabooks and can run any heavy application with ease. Its 12″ screen packs whopping 2k resolution and has incredibly wide viewing angles with accurate color output.
* 12″ IPS display with 2160×1440 resolution with 160 degree wide viewing angle
* 4GB RAM, 128GB SSD
* Windows 10 home operating system
* 6th Generation Intel Core m3 processor
HP Pavilion 13-s120nr )
HP Pavilion 13-s120nr is backed by excellent customer support, great build quality and very powerful hardware. Priced very aggressively, this HP convertible laptop offers 2-in-1 functionality by packing touchscreen display that can be rotated all the way to the back making it an powerful windows 10 slate tablet. It has ample storage, memory and full-size ports making it one of the best 2-in-1 laptops out there.
* 13.3-Inch 1366×768 pixel LED-lit Touch Screen
* Intel Core i3-6100U Processor 2.3 GHz
* 4 GB of memory, 500 GB hard disk drive, Windows 10 operating system
Dell Inspiron 11 3000
Intel Pentium N3540 2.16 GHz Processor
4 GB DDR3L SDRAM; Integrated Intel HD Graphics
500 GB HDD Storage
11.6 Inch WXGA (1366×768) LED-lit Screen
Windows 10 Operating System
Dell Inspiron i7359
This is a more powerful version of aforementioned Dell 2 in 1 laptop. It packs latest generation i3 processor, 4GB RAM and 1TB HDD. Is it well worth the extra cost? Well, if you do a lot of multi tasking programs and do some heavy duty stuff, then the answer is yes.
* 13.3 Inch HD (1366 x 768 pixels) LED-lit Truelife Touchscreen
* Intel Dual Core i3-6100U 2.3 GHz Processor
* 4 GB DDR3L SDRAM + 1 TB HDD Storage
* Windows 10 Operating System; Silver Chassis
ASUS Transformer Flip
ASUS Transformer Flip is priced very attractively and packs more than enough power for daily tasks. Fold the keyboard back and you have a nice 2 in 1 laptop.
* Convertible 2-in-1 laptop with four viewing modes: tablet, tent, stand, and laptop
* 11.6″ IPS HD 178-degree wide viewing angles with touchscreen display
* Intel N3050 1.6GHz (Turbo up to 2.16GHz)
Touchscreen, smooth multitasking with 4GB memory, 32GB SSD + 32GB * Windows 10 pre-installed
* Equipped with Wi-Fi 802.11ac
Acer Switch Alpha 12
There are few detachable laptops that are powered by the mighty i5 processor and this new Acer is one of them. It offers incredibly eight hour long battery life and lots fast SSD storage and RAM. The screen packs quad HD resolution which is four times HD.
* 12″ QHD (2160 x 1440) screen
* 8 GB RAM + 256 GB SSD
* Windows 10 Home OS, 8 Hour Battery Run Time
* Intel Core i5-6200U Dual-core 2.30 GHz processor
Microsoft Surface Book (no compromise, 256 GB, 8 GB RAM, Intel Core i5, NVIDIA GeForce graphics )
* 13.5-inch PixelSense touchscreen display (3000 x 2000) resolution
* Windows 10 Pro operating system
* Incredibly mobile at 3.48 pounds (1576 grams)
* Surface Pen included
HP Pavilion 13-s120nr
HP Pavilion 13-s120nr is a convertible 2 in 1 laptop packing top-of-the-line i3 processor, 4GB RAM and 500GB hard disk drive.
* Intel Core i3-6100U Processor 2.3 GHz
* 4 GB SDRAM + 500 GB 5400 RPM Hard Drive
* Windows 10
* 13.3-Inch 1366×768 pixel LED-lit Touch Screen
Toshiba Satellite Fusion 15
Toshiba Satellite Fusion 15 is great for those who want a conventional laptop that can be used as gigantic tablet when required. It makes it the perfect presentation tool or for sharing pictures and videos with family and friends.
* 15.6-Inch Touchscreen, Mobile Intel HD graphics
* Intel Core i3-5015U 2.1 GHz Processor
* 6 GB of memory
* 128 GB Solid-State Drive
* Windows 10
If you do a lot of text input, then we suggest getting a laptop with touchscreen instead. In such laptops, you cannot remove the screen part but since it is touchscreen, you can do all sorts of gestures on it.
Dragon Touch i8 Pro
This is about the size of iPad Mini and lets you carry full windows 10 in your pocket. Plus you can attach any USB keyboard into it and transform it into an actual mini laptop.
* Intel Quad Core processor: reliable CPU from Intel, Quad Core means you can run everything 4 times faster than standard single core CPU and still be power efficient.
* Windows 10: it gives you the freedom to switch between work and play in a flash. And Office 365 Personal is included for 1 year use ($69.99 value).
* 8 inch screen: 8 inch is the maximum screen size to fit in your pocket.
* Tons of ports: Mini HDMI, Micro USB, Blue Tooth and SD Slot, various ways to connect this tablet and expand its functions.
* Rear and front cameras: 2 million pixels HD cameras for photos and video chats.