Cheapest Netbooks under 500 – best netbook 2016: netbook under 300, 200 dollars
List of best cheap netbooks under 500, 200 and 300 dollars. Top cheapest netbooks in 2016
Netbooks were in their prime in 2008 but you would not believe that they are still being sold in massive numbers. The only difference in 2016 is that manufactures do not like to call these mini laptops as netbooks. They are simply either called sub-notebooks or compact laptops. However laptop experts including the team at check laptop calls it as netbooks. So which are the cheapest netbooks to buy in 2016?
A lot has change in 2016. Compared to 2008, when we had to use slow processors but not any more. Thanks to powerful ultra low voltages processors for laptops and efficient CPU technologies, the 2016 netbooks are able to offer great performance and battery life at same time. If you are buying a netbook just because you are short on cash, then we rather suggest to you buy a mainstream laptop for under 200 dollars. These run window 10 and run on latest hardware. Anyway, enough talking, here is the list of the best netbooks of 2016.
Best netbook of 2016 is Lenovo IdeaPad 100s
Lenovo 100s packs superb build quality and comes with latest windows 10 operating system. It comes out of suspended mode in less than second. Powered by quad core processor, it comes with flash storage that boots OS and apps in less than couple of seconds.
* 11.6″ LED backlight display with Intel HD Graphics
* Intel Atom quad core Z3735F processor
* 2GB RAM + 32GB eMMC flash memory
* Built-in Webcam; WLAN 802.11n; HDMI; USB 2.0; Headphone; Microphone
* Windows 10 operating system
This is one of the cheapest netbook from a very reputed laptop brand. It comes with a very capable Celeron N3050 processor that is tweaked for windows 10, giving you a very smooth user experience. It has nice anti-glare display that is an absolute joy to watch YouTube videos and do web surfing. It delivers enough performance for web work, office and some photoshop. You get one year of free Office 365 subscription with it.
* 11.6-inch display with 1366×768 pixel resolution
* Intel Celeron N3050 dual core processor
* 32GB eMMC storage, 2GB RAM
* Stereo MaxxAudio speakers, HD webcam, microphone
Choosing the best netbook of 2016: What to look out for?
Display: Screen sizes in netbooks vary from 10.1 inches and go up to 12.1 inches. You wouldn’t believe how much size and weight one inch adds. The best netbook, shown above has 11.6” and we believe that is the perfect screen size for a netbook. It makes sure the screen is not too big and keeps the overall dimensions compact. Remember, you will be carrying this laptop with you all day so it makes sense to get one with decent display size and compact frame.
Touchscreen: Some of the latest models also come with touchscreen. Keep in mind that adding such feature might bump up the screen a bit but it can also save you some cash if you wanted to double your netbook as a 2-in-1 detachable laptop or hybrid notebook. Such devices are growing in popularity.
Keyboard: While some argue that netbooks do not come with decent keyboards, tell them to look at some of the top 11 inch ultrabooks and netbooks launched in 2016. These netbooks have some of the best keyboards out there and this makes them ideal for writers, typists and office work.
Battery life: Battery life is incredibly important. People buy netbooks to work on the go and if you are forced to carry netbook charger everywhere you go, then it defeats the purpose of its usability. That is only those mini laptops made to this list which yield 6+ battery life.
Weight: All netbooks in this list weigh around 3 pounds. Netbook should be light weight otherwise you would have been fine carrying those big laptops.
List of best netbooks of 2016
This is the latest netbook of 2016 packing latest Intel processor, 4GB RAM and 500GB hard disk. However, its main selling point is its touchscreen display and ability to use it as tablet by folding the display back. It is powerful, capable and tweaked for windows 10.
* 11.6 Inch HD (1366×768 pixels) LED-Lit Touchscreen Display
* Intel Pentium N3710 1.6 GHz Processor
* 4 GB DDR3L RAM + 500 GB HDD Storage
Unlike the aforementioned blue Dell netbook, this one comes in red and packs an speedier SSD instead of hard disk. It is much cheaper too. If most of the work that you do is insider a web browser or you do not store a lot on your computer, then this Dell i3168-0027RED is a great choice.
* Intel N3060 1.6 GHz Processor, integrated graphics
* 2 GB DDR3L SDRAM Included
* 32 GB SSD Storage
* 11.6″ HD touchscreen display
Acer Aspire One 16GB storage
It is the cheapest one out there and our number one seller. If most of the work you do is online, then this is a great buy. You will be surprised to see how fast it is – all credit goes to flash storage.
> Intel Dual-Core Celeron N3050
> 11 inch HD 1366×768 pixels display with webcam
> 802.11ac Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, 2x USB ports and card reader
> 16GB eMMC Solid State Drive, 2GB RAM
HP Spectre X2 12-a008nr
HP makes some amazing netbooks that double as detachable laptops and HP Spectre X2 is a fine example of that. It has a detachable display which works like a standalone windows 10 tablet when removed from its keyboard dock. It is powered by the latest ultra-efficient yet quite powerful Intel M3 processor. The display packs IPS technology, measures 12″ and packs stunning full HD resolution. It quite frankly has the best viewing angles of all netbooks of 2016. HP Spectre X2 is the most feature packed netbook of 2016. It has near full size laptop keyboard which means typing on it is delightful.
* 12″ full HD multi touch + detachable display
* Intel Core M3-6Y30 processor, integrated graphics
* 128GB SSD, 4GB RAM, Windows 10
Asus VivoBook E200HA
This is the only gold colored Asus laptop costing this low. A head turner and a compact powerhouse, the Asus VivoBook E200HA features quad core Atom processor which coupled with flash storage delivers surprisingly stunning performance. This Asus netbook is clearly the most good looking netbook of 2016.
* 11.6″ ultracompact design (2.2 lbs) with Windows 10 Preinstalled and 1 year Office 365
* Fast performance with Intel QuadCore AtomTM Processor and 32GB eMMC storage
* Fullsize chiclet keyboard with intuitive Smart Gesture input and large trackpad
* Allday battery, 2Cells 38 Whrs Polymer Battery rated up to 13 hours of video playback
* 802.11ac WiFi with Multiuser MIMO for the strongest wireless connection
Dell 11 3000
This is a powerful netbook packing touchscreen and convertible style design. The screen supports multi touch gestures. Unlike most of the so called best netbooks, the Dell 11 is a serious laptop packing serious multi tasking capabilities and mainstream laptop processor to get real work done.
* Latest Intel Pentium N3540 CPU with Integrated Intel HD Graphics
* 500 GB hard disk with 4 GB DDR3L SDRAM
* 11.6 Inch HD display with touchscreen support. Multi touch supported.
* Genuine copy of Windows 10 Operating System pre-installed
Asus Transformer Book is very, very thin yet it packs so much power inside. With all that power and touchscreen, it does not compromise on the battery life front and delivers whopping 10 hours runtime.
* Detachable laptop design
* Quad core Intel 1.44 GHz processor
* 64GB onboard storage and 4 GB RAM
* Original Windows 10 pre-installed
* 10.1″ inch touchscreen display with HD resolution (1280 x 800)
Acer Aspire One Cloudbook 32GB
We have no idea how Acer is offering a full fledge Windows 10 netbook with so much power for so cheap but looks like they want to increase their marketshare in the us wiht the Cloudbook. People are loving it and so do we. At 170 dollars, you cannot wrong.
* 11.6-Inch high definition display with Intel HD Graphics
* Powerful Intel Celeron processor
* Windows 10 with 1 year free Office subcription
* Whopping 8-hour battery life
* 32 GB Internal Storage with 2GB RAM
Lenovo ThinkPad 11E
Lenovo ThinkPad 11E have the best build quality of any netbook in 2016. So if you buy this Lenovo netbook, you can be assured that it would never break down and will continue to serve for many years to come.
* Intel N3150 Quad-Core 1.6GHz processor for impressive performance results and energy efficiency.
* 11.6″ 1366 x 768 HD Anti-Glare LED-backlit, 4GB DDR3, 128GB Solid State Drive
* 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet, 802.11ac, 4-in-1 Media Card Reader,
* 4-Cell (35 WHr) Lithium-Ion; up to 6.6hrs, Bluetooth, 720P HD Webcam
* Only 3.28 lbs, 1x USB 2.0, 1x USB 3.0, 1x HDMI, 1x RJ-45,
* Windows 10 Professional (64-bit)
Acer Aspire Switch 10E
Good things come in small packages and this Acer netbook has so much talent packed inside. You are getting quad core processor, 12 hour battery life, latest windows 10, free one year Office subscription and detachable laptop design.
* 10.1 inch multi touch display with HD resolution
* Intel quad core Z3735F processor
* 32GB SSD with 2GB RAM
This 2015 netbook is a total showoff. You can fold the display back and turn this netbook into a tablet. There is lots of performance packed inside thanks to the state-of-art Intel CPU. You will never run out of storage on its 500GB hard disk and seldom you will find your netbook slowing down since you are getting 4GB RAM onboard.
* 11.6″ clear bright display with HD resolution
* Intel HD Graphics and powerful N3700 CPU
* Genuine Windows 10 pre-installed
* 500GB hard disk and 4GB RAM
Dell Inspiron i3000
The Dell Inspiron i3000 is clearly the most well built netbook of the lot, which also explains its slightly higher price tag. You get a very powerful non-Atom processor, 4GB RAM and solid state drive for near-instant app loading for better user experience.
* Intel Celeron N3050 1.6 GHz Processor
* 2GB RAM + 32GB eMMC storage
* 11.6 inch true life 1366 x 768 HD display with touchpanel built in
Toshiba Radius 11
Toshiba Radius 2-in-1 laptop is great for those who are planning to use their netbook as laptop. Packing 12″ display, to use it in tablet mode, just bend the display back and voila, you have a tablet in your hand. Keyboard is disabled when using it in convertible laptop tablet mode. It packs a lot of power underneath and has touchscreen panel allowing user to directly interact with the display.
* Intel Pentium Quad Core N3700
* 11.6″ 10-point multitouch display, 2 in 1 Convertible design – folds for Laptop, Tablet, Tabletop, Presentation, and Audience modes
* 4GB DDR3L SDRAM system memory, 500GB 5400 RPM SATA hard drive
* One-touch function keys / Built-in webcam / Bluetooth 4.0 radio
* Windows 10 Home operating system
HP Stream 11
The HP Stream 11 is cheap, cheerful and very fast, thanks to the SSD that starts apps within couple of seconds. Boot times are under 10 seconds and it gives tough competition to 11 inch ultrabooks. This is latest 3rd generation Stream 11 and it brings plethora of improvements over outgoing models that include more memory, powerful processor and streamlined design.
* Bright 11.6-Inch Screen with HD resolution
* Powerful Intel N3060 processor with Intel HD Graphics
* Genuine Windows 10 operating system with Free Office for one year
* 32 GB Solid-State Drive with 4GB DDR3L SDRAM