Cheapest ultrabook under 500 dollars in 2016 – best cheap ultrabooks under 400, 300 dollars
Our laptop experts will help you find the best cheap ultrabooks under 500 dollars that have latest Intel processor, lots of storage and RAM.
Find out which are the best cheap ultrabook models on sale in 2016 under 300, 400 and 500 dollars that pack the latest Intel or AMD processors, great battery life and fast storage. Ultrabooks are powerful and thin laptops that made were launched back in 2011 by Intel. The term Ultrabook means a laptop that makes use of SSD (solid state drive), Intel Core i-series ultra low voltage processors and chassis that has thickness of 10mm or less. But now AMD has joined the ultrabook range with their own low consumption processors.
Also find cheap ultrabook in 300, 400 and 500 dollars.
Best ultrabook under 500 and 300 is Lenovo Ideapad 100s 14″
Lenovo makes great laptops and this ultra-thin ultrabook is a dynamite in a small package offering more than six hours of runtime on single charge and excellent performance thanks to high-bandwidth RAM and super fast flash storage. It even packs a USB 3.0 port for super fast data transfer speeds. Lenovo has made specially for windows 10 and it even includes keyboard shortcuts for various windows 10-related functions.
* 14 inch display with HD 1366 x 768 HD resolution. Energy-efficient LED backlight.
* Intel Celeron Dual-core processor N3050 2MB Cache 1.6GHz up to 2.16GHz
* 2GB DDR3 RAM, 64GB Flash eMMC Storage
What makes an ultrabook under 500 different from a laptop?
Sleekness: There are cheap laptops out there so why buy an ultrabook under 500 dollars? The reason is that the ultrabooks are sleeker and thinner than the laptops. They can slip into your bag easier and have smaller profile.
Premium build quality: Ultrabooks are well known for having superior and more premium build quality.
Performance: Most of the ultrabooks are powered by ULV-Intel processors that consume little power but yield excellent performance. That is why battery life on ultrabooks is generally better than laptops. This also means that ultrabooks generate less heat and you can use them on your laps for prolong durations without running into health problems. That being said, there are certain models that powered by AMD processors.
Battery life: As mentioned above, since the ultrabooks are powered by ULV processors that give better battery life than mainstream laptops. That’s why most ultrabooks have excellent battery life.
All these criterias earlier pushed their price tags to more than 1000 dollars, sometimes higher than $1500 but as the years gone by, the technology to make thin laptops have allowed the manufactures to create ultrabooks under 500 dollars which is why I sometimes think if I should go for a cheap laptop with ultra low voltage processor, an ultrabook with entry level specs or just a cheap 300 dollar laptop with windows 10 operating system? You should also check the battery life figures of these cheap ultrabooks as sometimes laptop manufactures often make the chassis so thin which reduces the battery life. Since one is going to use these while on the move, you would want it to have good battery life. Otherwise you will end up searching for power outlets to charge your ultrabook up.
Well if you prefer thin and light ultrabooks, there you already have an answer – an ultrabook under $ 500. Our laptop experts found the best and cheapest high quality ultrabooks and listed them here for your convenience. Keep in mind that since these ultrabooks are cheap, they lack advanced features like backlit keyboard and if that is important to you, you should see list of ultrabooks with backlit keyboard here. Finally, here is the list of best cheap ultrabooks under 500 dollars.
Best ultrabook under 500 and 400 dollars
Asus VivoBook E403SA
The ASUS VivoBook E403SA packs full HD 1080p display and packs thin and light chassis. That said, it is heavy on the performance front packing latest Intel Braswell processor, 4GB RAM and dual band 802.11ac Wi-Fi.
* 14-Inch Full HD 1080P Display, Windows 10 Signature Edition
* Intel Braswell Quad Core N3700 1.6 GHz, Turbo to 2.4 GHz
* Ultra-thin and light design: 0.7″ thin and 3.3 lbs. light. All-day battery rated 57 Whrs
* 128GB eMMC Flash and 4GB RAM for fast boot time and application performance
* Wi-Fi 802. 11 AC. Bluetooth 4.0. 1x USB 2.0, 1x USB 3.0, 1x USB3.1 Type C, 1 x HDMI. One year Domestic Warranty.
This extremely-professional looking laptop from HP offes great performance and battery life chiefly due to i5 processor and zippy 128GB SSD. The screen packs full HD resolution and offers great viewing angles and contrast.
* 15.6 inch 1080p display with 1920 x 1080 pixels
* Intel Core i5 6200u 2.3GHz processor
* 128GB SSD, 8GB RAM
Dell Inspiron i5559-1747SLV
Dell Inspiron i5559 is a powerful and well-equipped ultrabook capable of handling anything and everything. It comes with touchscreen panel and supports multi-touch gestures.
* Intel Core i3-6100u 1.6 GHz Processor
* 6 GB DDR3L SDRAM Included; 16 GB Maximum
* 1 TB HDD Storage; Tray load DVD Drive (Reads and Writes to DVD/CD)
* 15.6 Inch HD (1366×768 pixels) LED-lit Touchscreen with Intel Real Sense
* Windows 10 Operating System; Silver Matte Chassis
This ultrabook from Asus packs full size laptop keyboard with dedicated numberpad and features a nice big 15.6″ display as well. For storage, you get whopping 1TB hard disk that is backed by 4GB RAM for great multi tasking experience.
* 15.6″ HD display packing 1366 x 768 resolution
* Intel Core i3 5020u quad core ultrabook CPU, integrated graphics
* 1TB HDD, 4GB RAM
HP Pavilion 13
The HP Pavilion 13 might be little more than 500 dollars but it is worth every single penny. Packing full HD display with touchscreen panel, latest i5 processor, spacious hard disk and ability to use it as slate windows tablet makes it the best 2 in 1 laptop in USA. Battery life is excellent yielding 6-7 hours on single charge.
* Intel Core i5 6200U 2.3 GHz skylake processor
* 13.3-Inch Full-HD (1920×1080) touchscreen display
* 1000 GB hard disk drive, 12GB SDRAM and Windows 10 OS
Best ultrabook under 500 Asus X555DA
The Asus X555DA is very powerful yet cheap AMD ultrabook that handle almost app or game out there with ease. Thanks to its quad core AMD chipset backed by 8GB RAM and 1 terabytes (1000GB) hard disk, you have an ultrabook laptop that can put even the most expensive ones to shame.
* 15.6 inches LED backlit display, 1366 by 768 resolution, matte finished.
* AMD Quad Core A10-8400P 2.5GHz (Turbo up to 3.4GHz) processor
* 8GB RAM/ 1TB 5400RPM with DL DVD±RW/CD-RW. Windows 10 operation system.
* Feature 2 x USB 3.0, 1 x USB 2.0, 1 x HDMI and VGA ports.
* 1 year International Warranty with 1 year Accidental Damage Protection
Dell Inspiron i3158 – Intel Core i3, 4 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD
This Dell ultrabook is slightly over 500 dollars but is worth every penny. It features the latest sixth generation Intel Core i-series processor which when coupled with super fast 128GB SSD, gives you an extremely fast system for doing work.
* Intel Dual Core i3-6100U 2.3 GHz Processor
* 4 GB DDR3L SDRAM
* 128 GB SSD Storage; Optical Drive Not included
* 11.6 Inch HD (1366 x 768 pixels) LED-lit Truelife Touchscreen
* Windows 10 Operating System; Silver Chassis
HP Pavilion x2
The HP Pavilion x2 is the top hybrid laptops out there allowing user to use it as tablet and laptop. When you want to use it as standalone tablet, simply press a button on the keyboard to release the screen. Since all the components required for a computer to work are present in display part, you are able to use this best hybrid laptop as windows 10 tablet. When you want to use it as a laptop, put it into dock. The Pavlion X2 is powered by latest sixth generation Core M3 processor. This when coupled with 128GB SSD and 4GB RAM gives you an ultrabook under 500 that can get any work done, no matter how CPU-intensive it is. Battery life is more than six hours in real life. Display packs full HD resolution.
* 12″ full HD display with multi touch funciton
* Intel Core m3-6Y30 processor
* 128GB SSD, 4GB RAM
This HP 300 dollar ultrabook packs all ingredients to be one of the best cheap ultrabooks out there. It has nice, big 15″ screen, quad core AMD processor that is backed by 4GB RAM and 1000GB hard disk. It even has a full size laptop keyboard with dedicated numpad. Also it is one of the most affordable 15 inch ultrabook out there.
* 15.6″ HD display with 1366×768 resolution
* 1TB (1000GB) HDD, 4GB RAM, DVD drive
* Quad core AMD A6-7310 processor, Radeon R4 graphics
HP Stream 13
The HP Stream 13 packs a super slim design, a very fast SSD drive and latest Intel processor that runs Windows 10 operating system super fast. You also get one year subscription of Microsoft Office free with it.
* 13.3-Inch 1366×768 pixel LED-lit Screen
* Intel N3050 1.6 GHz Processor
* Windows 10 with pre-loaded Office 365 Personal subscription for one year
* 32 GB Solid-State Drive, 2GB RAM
Dell Inspiron i3552
Intel Quad Core Pentium N3700 1.6 GHz Processor
4 GB DDR3L SDRAM
128 GB SSD Storage; Optical Drive Not included
15.6 Inch HD (1366 x 768 pixels) LED-lit Truelife Screen
Windows 10 Operating System
Dell Inspiron 11 3000
This Dell ultrabook doubles as tablet and runs latest Windows 10 operating system. Its Intel processor is powerful and at the same time, very power-sipping giving you great battery life. It also doubles as cheap gaming laptop as we were able to run World of Warcraft on it with no dropped frames.
* Intel N3540 2.16 GHz Processor
* 4 GB DDR3L SDRAM; Integrated Intel HD Graphics
* 500 GB HDD Storage
* 11.6 Inch WXGA (1366×768) LED-lit Screen
* Windows 10 Operating System
Best ultrabook under 400 HP 15-ay020nr
This HP laptop is the best ultrabook under 400. It is powered by latest ultrabook-specific i3 processor that handles your daily chores easily and more. Its display is big and bright and handles everything easily.
* 15.6″ HD display packing 1366×768 resolution
* Intel Core i3-5005U 2.0GHz Dual-Core Processor
* 1TB HDD, 4GB RAM
* HP TrueVision HD Webcam, DTS Studio Sound with dual speakers
Dell Inspiron i5559
This Dell ultrabook is priced around 500 dollars and packs a lot of power. Powered by latest i5 processor, it comes with 8GB RAM and 1TB (1000GB) hard disk so you do not have to worry about multi tasking and running out of storage.
* Intel Core i5-6200u 1.6 GHz Processor
* 8 GB RAM, 1 TB HDD Storage; DVD drive
* 15.6 Inch HD (1366×768 pixels) LED-lit Screen
The Lenovo G50 packs high end AMD A8 quad core processor which promises long battery life and terrific CPU and GPU performance thanks to dedicated Radeon R7 graphics. It has big display and spacious 1TB hard disk drive.
* AMD A8-Series A8-6410 (2.00 GHz) quad core processor, AMD Radeon R7 graphics
* 4GB RAM, 1TB 5400 rpm Hard Drive, Multiformat DVD drive, 1 USB 3.0, 2 USB 2.0
* 15.6″ LED-backlit LCD high-definition widescreen display With 200 cd/m2 brightness and 1366 x 768 resolution
* Latest 802.11 ac WiFi, Bluetooth 4.0, LAN Ethernet
* 5th Intel Core i5-5200U processor (3MB Cache, 2.2GHz), Intel HD Graphics 5500, Windows 10 64 bit
* 4GB DDR3L 1600MHz SDRAM, 500GB 5400 rpm Hard Drive, DVD±RW/CD-RW drive
* 15.6-inch High-Definition (1366 x 768) LED-Backlit Display, Built-in VGA Webcam, HDMI, VGA, SD media reader
* Bluetooth 4.0 interface syncs with compatible devices; 1 USB 3.0 port maximizes the latest high-speed devices; Also includes 2 USB 2.0 ports to connect other accessories.
* HDMI output expands your viewing options; Wireless and wired network connectivity; Built-in webcam with digital microphone